My home 21 feet long concrete aquarium

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bare bottom.
I'm not a freshwater stingray breeder.
The real question is how many ravioli can that bad billy hold?
gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Masterchef

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man I am so curious as to the electrical draw of this will be? It's gonna have to be enormous.

OP
OP
R

Rob Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I am so curious as to the electrical draw of this will be? It's gonna have to be enormous.
I have had simulations coming close to 20kW/h.

If you are clever, it doesn't have to be enormous like that.
My calculations are close to 3kW/h.

Also depending on what you want.
Filtration system is oversized, and will go faster at daytime when solar panels produce lots of electricity.

Gravity will feed the mechanical filtration (fleece filter) and protein skimmer.
That's 16Watt/h. Nearly nothing.
NO2 and NO3 reactors will work without power.
Only high load of power is UV c and returnpumps, circulationpumps and lights.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could go solar as well and only draw from the grid when necessary. With a build like this I would look into that. Its a massive feat and looks like youve done an amazing job and planned well.

Jpzanc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob, I'm so glad to see this process and have a few questions should u be able to help. We are currently in the process of finally doing the build on our family home. And as part I was looking to go into something bigger than usual. And yours fits that exactly. Oy issue I have seen while researching the equipment cost. Build cost is irrelevant as with or without a tank the part is will be in ,is going to be build.
I'm in the mining industry and we have loads of technology which act in the same way that aquarium equipment do. And it's loads cheaper as I don't have to go and buy it. What filtration did u go with? I'm looking to see if pressure vessels will work for the water treatment or skimming and cleaning. Attached a pic of the idea of what I want to use. May be the foam version, or boiler version. Or both all depends.
And secondly the treatment system. How it all comes together. We've recently (2weeks ago) acquired a plant we are going to decomposition and move with a industrial water treatment facility build into a container. That will of course be implemented in the setup as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_033550.jpg
    IMG_20230205_033550.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 119

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it, and if I did I apologize for you having to repost the answer. What did you use for the veiwing panels? Glass, acrylic, hybrid of both? Details on thickness ect. I don't think glass that big is even available in the states.

OP
OP
R

Rob Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it, and if I did I apologize for you having to repost the answer. What did you use for the veiwing panels? Glass, acrylic, hybrid of both? Details on thickness ect. I don't think glass that big is even available in the states.
Glass
3.4"
4356 lb

OP
OP
R

Rob Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 out of 3 deliveries for the filtration system are done.
The last one is scheduled next month.
All stuff is placed under a sealing so no need to take pictures.

Installation of filtration system and installation of quarantine tank is planned straight after the last delivery.
The QT should be ready to fill with water in August.

I will keep you all updated with pictures.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on personally doing the maintenance yourself or will you pay a service to do it for you?

Back