OP
OP
G

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update.. I decided on adding a cabinet over the top of the tank to keep the electronics and test equipment and I have the lights setup on flex arms. Now for something completely nuts but I have been throwing up the idea to add a 20gal custom sump/refugium. Now if I decide to do this then I will keep the divider wall and drill the bottom of the center section of the tank and install a Herbie style overflow, yes I know what your saying, "if you wanted to have a sump then why didnt you get the ext" I already have this one and this decision is still up in the air, I will know better on the next build.....

new tank lights.jpg

Reef Dreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice start. Do you have any pic's or info on the stand build. I like this tank too. I have been thinking it would work for where I live. I was looking at the EXT too. Don't like the added distance from the wall where I'm thinking of putting mine. I still haven't ruled it out. I would like the extra space inside the tank.

OP
OP
G

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so its been awhile been busy with work and other things and got side tracked but finally got back on this. I finally got this full of water and up running yesterday. I still need to clean up the wiring and the board that I will be mounting the pump controller's and all to but she is up and running. Went ahead and added a cheto light for later and upgraded the stock return pump with a mighty jet. I did remove the spin streams, just too loud for me.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

OP
OP
G

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update, I will try and keep this updated more often than just a year at a time.... I did put the spin stream's back on after reading that they take a little to break in. I also had a friend of mine make me two surface skimmers so that I can get a little more water in the tank. It also helped in making the spin stream's quieter. Now for the cycle waiting game...

20191229_091523 (1).jpg

OP
OP
G

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't added anything just yet but did get the panel built for the controllers. Also picked up a Hanna Phosphate and a Alkalinity testers. I also changed out the 5gal top off tank with a 10gal, I am going through just over 4gal a week for the top off..
tank 10.jpg

POWER STRIP 1.jpg
POWER STRIP.jpg

Last edited:

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't added anything just yet but did get the panel built for the controllers. Also picked up a Hanna Phosphate and a Alkalinity testers. I also changed out the 5gal top off tank with a 10gal, I am going through just over 4gal a week for the top off..
tank 10.jpg

POWER STRIP 1.jpg
POWER STRIP.jpg
That’s a nice design with the cabinet. I really like the way you set this up.

OP
OP
G

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small up date but over the last 2 weekends I have finally bought a few frags and 2 fish for the tank.

-Green star polyp
-no name zoas
-Green tip torch
-War coarl
-Banggai cardinal fish

Sorry for the bad pics still need to pick up a Polyplab lens kit...

20200216_101304.jpg
20200216_101312-jpg.1427380
20200216_101246.jpg
20200216_101258.jpg
20200216_101322.jpg
20200216_101312.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats a great idea of the cabinet. I've been searching for some way to mount a ATI Sunpower Fixture without having to hang it, as for some reason one of the most widely used and popular lighting fixtures in the reefing community doesn't have a tank mounted options lol.

You've given me ideas!! Looks amazing great job!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back