My Innovative Marine SR120 Build

jrhudson11

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
32
Reaction score
31
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time lurker on R2R, and after years of reefing (off and on) it's time to post my latest build.

This tank has been up and running since December of 2025, and going strong. I love this tank, and have had a great time making it my own little piece of the ocean. Here's a list of all of the equipment used...

Tank: Innovative Marine SR120 AIO:
Lights: 3x Noopsyche K7 Pro III (Do not recommend, awful company!)
Wavemakers: 2x Jecod DMP-40
Kraken Lid

Rear Chamber arrangement, from L to R:
Chamber 1- IM Media Basket (changing to fleece roller this week). With Sponge & Poly-fil
Chamber 2 - Bio Media bag with ceramic rings
Chamber 3 - Refugium growing Chaeto - with IM Chaetomax light
Hydros mini DC Pumps for Circulation
Chamber 4 - Heaters
Chamber 5 - Tunze Comline 9012 Skimmer
Chamber 6 - Innovative Marine 10w UV
Chamber 7 - IM Media Basket w/ sponge & Poly-Fil.

Controller & Under Cabinet Equipment:
Hydros Collective: Hydros Launch, Hydros Launch, Hydros Minnow, Hydros x3, Hydros X3
Aquawiz Alkalinity Controller (Monitor only, not dosing)

Water Station:
Water mixing station, with 2x 20 gallon drums (Vittles Vaults).
Hydros Launch, running RODI Solenoids
Auto Water Change system (Controlled by Hydros). - 2x Kamoer KCPA 600.

Current Livestock:
About 40 frags, aiming for a fully mixed reef. LPS, SPS, and many softies. The main challenge here is the shallow depth of the tank, so par is generally high, even at the bottom.
White Tail Tang
Blue Eye Kole Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
2 Clowns (1 orange storm, 1 Wyoming Whie)
3 Scribbled Anthias
Diamond Goby
Royal Gramma
Purple Firefish
Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Coral Beauty Angel
Various inverts.

-------------------------------
Thanks for reading!! Feel free to ask any questions.
IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG
 
dang! Legit setup. Just moved on from the IM all in one but man they are nice. Stocking list is all friendly with each other?
 
dang! Legit setup. Just moved on from the IM all in one but man they are nice. Stocking list is all friendly with each other?
Thank you sir! IM makes a great tank!

Yep! The white tail tang is the king of the tank though. He lets everyone know. lol
 
I always thought this tank was really cool. Definitely would like to hear your feed back on maintenance on the back chambers and the roller matt option long term. Looking good!
 
Following along!
 
I always thought this tank was really cool. Definitely would like to hear your feed back on maintenance on the back chambers and the roller matt option long term. Looking good!
I'm installing the roller mats (Nature Dimensions) in a couple of days - I'll update this thread with the results!
 
Thank you sir! IM makes a great tank!

Yep! The white tail tang is the king of the tank though. He lets everyone know. lol
Totally agree. I had the baby bro the SR60. As well as smaller IM AIO(25 now). Almost did the k7III but got a sweet seat on RB Meridian when looking for lights for this little guy.
 
I have the SR80, and I have a filter roller on each side, and I love them!
 
What rollers did you go with? I haven't seen many reviews on the Nature Dimensions, but looks impressive so thats what I went with.
I actually have two of the manual skimmers from IM, I have modified both to be automatic rollers though lol
 
Awesome! I have the same one and I love it, although I haven’t posted my build yet. What you mentioned about PAR is a bit tricky. I had to lower the intensity on the two side lights so I could keep LPS, even though I don’t have them yet.

I’m looking forward to your review of the roll-up mats, although I have the manual ones. It would be great to see some photos with less blue so we can appreciate it better. I really like your setup.

Following!
 
Following along, and I finally see someone using a gravity setup for the saltwater mixing station. I’m about to set my own up and couldn’t understand why everyone was using the much more complicated side by side setup in seemingly tall rooms.

Have you had an issues with the technique or things you would do differently? Are you using a power head to mix?

Also have nature dimensions rollers coming but for a filter sock placement. Interested to see how you like them
 
Following along, and I finally see someone using a gravity setup for the saltwater mixing station. I’m about to set my own up and couldn’t understand why everyone was using the much more complicated side by side setup in seemingly tall rooms.

Have you had an issues with the technique or things you would do differently? Are you using a power head to mix?

Also have nature dimensions rollers coming but for a filter sock placement. Interested to see how you like them
It’s so simple and effective. I’ve been running my water mixing station like that for years. There’s a power head in the salt mixing container, that’s it!
 
I always thought this tank was really cool. Definitely would like to hear your feed back on maintenance on the back chambers and the roller matt option long term. Looking good!
I have a SR80 that's been up for about 7 months, and the maintenance really isn't that bad. I only have a skimmer in my back chambers. I just turkey baste the middle section, and it stays very clean.
 
This is a nice build thread! Please keep us updated on how the roller works on your tank.

The N-Clear M is a new model we released this year, and it has only been formally available for about two months.

There are not many reviews yet, so it is great to see real user feedback and findings being shared here.

By the way, for anyone looking for more information about using it on Innovative Marine tanks, here is a helpful video you can refer to:
 
This is a nice build thread! Please keep us updated on how the roller works on your tank.

The N-Clear M is a new model we released this year, and it has only been formally available for about two months.

There are not many reviews yet, so it is great to see real user feedback and findings being shared here.

By the way, for anyone looking for more information about using it on Innovative Marine tanks, here is a helpful video you can refer to:

Unfortunately USPS has re-routed my order a few times and I still don't have it lol. But as soon as it gets into my hands, I'm getting them set up!
 
Just installed the dual Nature Dimensions N-Clear M fleece rollers! Looking forward to seeing how these puppies work out!
20260526_212944_8B74335E-E01A-42C0-9DD4-0D695DE1862F.png


20260526_212944_8A354D55-939F-45EF-A43B-48DC8D914BEA.png


20260526_212944_78EA1F4D-2AAA-4431-BB7E-1C0B1DECA3F5.png
 
I’m not sure why it’s not posting from my account, weird.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new