My kent hydrometer

millerphilip19pm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kent hydrometer was bought like a couple of days ago and it told me to leave it in saltwater for 24 hr so i let it sit in my tank to tune the needle but after that it has moved even after I refilled it. I have ten gallon Nano tank. I had two salt bags for 5 gallons each, I only put a bag and a half of the salt in (since the whole ten gallons isn't water) so, would it be likely that it's too little salt or the hydrometer?
 
Hydrometers are only ok at best, they get you in the ballpark. Get yourself a refractometer from BRS, cost a bit more but way more accurate. Or if you have the funds a Red Sea or Milwaukee one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new