My LFS had some nice gigs!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemguy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm my opinion they are one of the most difficult anemones to establish I guess I like the challenge lol

I was attracted to them when I first saw a healthy one in still water. When in prime health, all their tentacles wiggle every which way in all directions, nonstop. The ironic thing is, they need such high flow to get into this type of healthy condition, you never see it unless the pumps all shut off, typically never.
For some reason I didn't get notifications or somehow missed them... anyways: My apologies for the late reply. @Nemguy123 I am often attracted to challenging hobbies or tasks. "The challenge" makes things far more interesting. Glad to see the gigs are going strong!
@Taylor t I'm missing the irony in your quote o_O I'm a bit confused, so when the pumps have a high flow the gigs are not wiggling? Is that correct?

- C. Smith
 
For some reason I didn't get notifications or somehow missed them... anyways: My apologies for the late reply. @Nemguy123 I am often attracted to challenging hobbies or tasks. "The challenge" makes things far more interesting. Glad to see the gigs are going strong!
@Taylor t I'm missing the irony in your quote o_O I'm a bit confused, so when the pumps have a high flow the gigs are not wiggling? Is that correct?

- C. Smith
I hear you and I believe what he is saying is when a gig is healthy and you turn off flow for let's say feeding the fish and even though there is no flow the tentacles on a gig are moving and waving and it looks really cool :) I'll post a vid next time I feed my fish and turn off flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new