My Lido 120 Macroalgae Tank

KilianSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my Low Budget and low electricity project i made from my algae frags.

First tank where i don´t get the ULVA to grow, but everything else is doing fine.
Also first tank where i do regular waterchanges every 2 weeks, since it is for me to small to redose fluoride, manganese and other stuff, so i stick to the easier way.
It´s working without a normal filter. i got a tunze comline, where inly the sponge is inside, i don´t use bio media. sometimes i put fine filterfloss in if it is needed or carbon for a day to get the yellow tint out of the water.

i use -
a Popbloom T50 Freshwater Led, running at 40%
Tunze Comline filter
50W dennerle nano heater (sits in the tunze filter)
Fzone ATO

Have a nice day :)

20221230_190840.jpg

OP
OP
KilianSP

KilianSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was on Facebook that I saw your CO2 injection for macroalgae. How's that going? Is that a fishnets system?
Yeah that sounds like me
It is still running, but since the algaes got so big, i turned it off. No need for fast grow and nutrient uptake if i can't sell them quick enough.
But i am going to get it back running on two frag tanks i build. Setting it up with a PH probe and Set it to PH 8.0 (normal i have 8.4)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to share my Low Budget and low electricity project i made from my algae frags.

First tank where i don´t get the ULVA to grow, but everything else is doing fine.
Also first tank where i do regular waterchanges every 2 weeks, since it is for me to small to redose fluoride, manganese and other stuff, so i stick to the easier way.
It´s working without a normal filter. i got a tunze comline, where inly the sponge is inside, i don´t use bio media. sometimes i put fine filterfloss in if it is needed or carbon for a day to get the yellow tint out of the water.

i use -
a Popbloom T50 Freshwater Led, running at 40%
Tunze Comline filter
50W dennerle nano heater (sits in the tunze filter)
Fzone ATO

Have a nice day :)

20221230_190840.jpg
Beautiful Macro Display! :star-struck:

OP
OP
KilianSP

KilianSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can imagine! What macros are on your wishlist?

Dictyota dichotoma
Chlorodesmis fastigiata
Agardhiella subulata
Asparagopsis taxiformis
Asteromenia peltata
Chondria decipiens
Eucheuma arnoldii
Galaxaura rugosa
Gloiocladia laciniata
Solieria chordalis
Red Ogo

Since you are a seller and i am also a seller, ever thought about exporting some algaes?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dictyota dichotoma
Chlorodesmis fastigiata
Agardhiella subulata
Asparagopsis taxiformis
Asteromenia peltata
Chondria decipiens
Eucheuma arnoldii
Galaxaura rugosa
Gloiocladia laciniata
Solieria chordalis
Red Ogo

Since you are a seller and i am also a seller, ever thought about exporting some algaes?
Unfortunately at this time we are unable to ship internationally. But if you want to DM us your email we can add it to our notification list to be sent an email when we resume international shipping :)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back