OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to apologize that I have not been paying too much attention to my thread. I'm mostly active on Instagram if you would like to follow please feel free to check it out ( Reef Empire). Ill Add some pictures that I've taken lately. Furthermore, a lot has changed in the reef due to selling many of my colonies. Ive sold a good chunk of my sps colonies and will soon start selling frags of my zoa colonies, higher end monties, chalices, Higher end Shrooms. As far a SPS i need time to grow them out again. NOW PICTURE TIME!!

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received PMS bout my nutrients in my system i keep them high. The reason for it keeps my SPS colorful and the rest of my coral benefit from not having a nutrient-starved system. Also, I notice if my nutrients are low my SPS get pale, but as far as algae it doesn't pop up in the tank.

IMG_4377.jpeg

IMG_4373.jpeg

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JF Homewrecker:rolleyes:
A12E6BFC-8156-4A74-AFD6-190C954B8EC5.JPEG

303481AA-DDE6-414A-993F-CC73E3E5EA33.JPEG

WWC OG Bounce Mushroom
IMG_4194.JPG

CB Rainbow Crush Chalice
IMG_4204.JPG

This is my own RE Cotton Candy. Its a out of the water picture taken under Reefbrite XHOS

IMG_4290.JPG

RRA Ultimate Orange Passion. I love it more than my SC Orange Passion the RRA UOP just has a lot more colors the picture doesn't do it justice especially when the polyps close up you'll see the yellow (like the tip at the top).

IMG_4300.JPG

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@leo - Well I have been desinging this new system for over a year now. I am also getting my custom sump from the same MFG that you used! Anyways, I decided to go with a SCA Rimless 150 w/ starfire glass (60'' X 24'' X24'') which includes a 20'' Synergy external overflow so I can have more real-estate in the tank. What's the spec size is your return section on your Elite aQUATICS RS40 sump''? The reason why I ask is I am getting ready to order one but mine will be all Black and Red colors but I will be running a EcoTech Marine M1 for my manifold and a Reef Octo VarioS8 for my main return pump which pushes out around 3100gph.. For my FLOW in my tank, I will be running 4 TUNZE'S - 2 6105's and a pair of 6055's and for my lighting i will be going with 3 Hydra HD LED's, I will have one Hydra HD LED 52 mounted in the middle and then I will have a Hydra HD 26 on each sdie of the tank mounted with the D-D Slimeline brackets which I finally found a supplier in Canada that sells them since you can only get them Overseas. Here is a pic of my returns and my Rimless 150..[/QUOTE]
Just waiting on my sump from Elite and i WILL be ready to start this build thread finally!
1'' Returns.JPG

AI LEDS.jpg

Custom rimless SCA 150.jpg

dd-ai-bracket-4.jpg

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@leo - Well I have been desinging this new system for over a year now. I am also getting my custom sump from the same MFG that you used! Anyways, I decided to go with a SCA Rimless 150 w/ starfire glass (60'' X 24'' X24'') which includes a 20'' Synergy external overflow so I can have more real-estate in the tank. What's the spec size is your return section on your Elite aQUATICS RS40 sump''? The reason why I ask is I am getting ready to order one but mine will be all Black and Red colors but I will be running a EcoTech Marine M1 for my manifold and a Reef Octo VarioS8 for my main return pump which pushes out around 3100gph.. For my FLOW in my tank, I will be running 4 TUNZE'S - 2 6105's and a pair of 6055's and for my lighting i will be going with 3 Hydra HD LED's, I will have one Hydra HD LED 52 mounted in the middle and then I will have a Hydra HD 26 on each sdie of the tank mounted with the D-D Slimeline brackets which I finally found a supplier in Canada that sells them since you can only get them Overseas. Here is a pic of my returns and my Rimless 150..

The returns to the sump are 1'' inch. I had the vectra L1 and with the APex flow sensor only pushed 400gph max and they crapped out on me 3 times. I eventually gave up on them and went with a jebao 18,000 and things have been great and the gph has increased significantly.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JF Homewrecker:rolleyes:
A12E6BFC-8156-4A74-AFD6-190C954B8EC5.JPEG

303481AA-DDE6-414A-993F-CC73E3E5EA33.JPEG

WWC OG Bounce Mushroom
IMG_4194.JPG

CB Rainbow Crush Chalice
IMG_4204.JPG

This is my own RE Cotton Candy. Its a out of the water picture taken under Reefbrite XHOS

IMG_4290.JPG

RRA Ultimate Orange Passion. I love it more than my SC Orange Passion the RRA UOP just has a lot more colors the picture doesn't do it justice especially when the polyps close up you'll see the yellow (like the tip at the top).

IMG_4300.JPG

So many people miss the point of sps need nutrients and I think this is where many fail at keep sps. I've watched a couple of videos on the coral reefs and reef are built in nutrient rich waters. What people don't understand is that our "boxes of water) don't deplete the nutrients like the oceans do so the build up can be quite quick. Stable and mid nutrients have worked for me. I use to starve my tanks with large skimmers huge fuges and hardly any fish. Great tank!

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many people miss the point of sps need nutrients and I think this is where many fail at keep sps. I've watched a couple of videos on the coral reefs and reef are built in nutrient rich waters. What people don't understand is that our "boxes of water) don't deplete the nutrients like the oceans do so the build up can be quite quick. Stable and mid nutrients have worked for me. I use to starve my tanks with large skimmers huge fuges and hardly any fish. Great tank!

Thanks, I really appreciate that you like the tank. I dont use any GFO in my system I use carbon once in a while. I feed 4 times a day and broadcast feed my tank with Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast once a week. I perform water changes of 40 gallons once every 2 weeks with Red Sea Salt (Blue Bucket).

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be updating this thread soon. I did so many changes to the tank to keep me interested.

OP
OP
LE0

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer does most of the work and the marine pure does the rest. I dont use gfo since itll make my corals pale. I use carbon(ROX) once in a while to polish the water. The tank gets fed 4 times a day (3time via auto feeder and once I feed pe mysis). I broadcast feed my corals every friday with reef roids, Polyp booster, oyster feast. Also, I keep many fish such as Emperor Angelfish, Koi Tang, Achillies tang, Naso tang, Hippo Tang, Whitetail bristletooth tang, Fox Face, Majestic angelfish, Sohal tang, Blotched anthias, Pair of filefish, 6 line wrasse. Further more, water changes are done once a month using Blue Bucket Red Sea Salt i do 15-20gal total.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back