Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
threads like this just pump it up even more...

It doesn't necessarily pump it up. It just goes to show how crazy some people are.
If the money wasn't there, nobody would really care about this piece. Sure its nice, but if it was $300 like it should be, it would just be another high priced really nice looking chalice.
Seeing as how they made it so it is unattainable but to only the few that want to pay that much, it has become the talk of the town if you know what I mean.

GREAT marketing if you ask me :)

We all want that elusive piece, now you can have it if you have the $
:tongue:

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i smell i five man 10 month grow out =)

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1:wink:
It doesn't necessarily pump it up. It just goes to show how crazy some people are.
If the money wasn't there, nobody would really care about this piece. Sure its nice, but if it was $300 like it should be, it would just be another high priced really nice looking chalice.
Seeing as how they made it so it is unattainable but to only the few that want to pay that much, it has become the talk of the town if you know what I mean.

GREAT marketing if you ask me :)

We all want that elusive piece, now you can have it if you have the $
:tongue:

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is anyone planning a grow out ? I have $100 if we can get enough of us together on this and a reputable person as the grower :D

MikeD88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personaly, I feel that tangerine dreams chalice that 143 posted a little while back is WAY nicer than the my miami

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be up for doing a 10 man, 1 year growout. Actually I'd like to do that for that Tangerine Dreams chalice too. I'd be pretty confident it could be achieved in that time period. Even at $1,500 that would bring the per frag cost for the group down to $150. I would also be willing to volunteer to do the growout and shipping if someone wants to coordinate.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be up for doing a 10 man, 1 year growout. Actually I'd like to do that for that Tangerine Dreams chalice too. I'd be pretty confident it could be achieved in that time period. Even at $1,500 that would bring the per frag cost for the group down to $150. I would also be willing to volunteer to do the growout and shipping if someone wants to coordinate.

What happens in the event of a tank crash or that it doesn't pop 10 eyes in a year?

A little too risky for me.....

Not to mention the price hasn't even been set and this will only reinforce it being that high.

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by Victor frags are $1500. I think the price is set!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by Victor frags are $1500. I think the price is set!

The price is set by what people are willing to pay.

If no one is willing to pay XYZ, then the price comes down. That or whoever has the widget ends up with a lot of worthless widgets :sad:

Just like the corals I have up for sale now. They cost me more than I am selling them for. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Hence I dropped the prices in half :(

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is set by what people are willing to pay.

If no one is willing to pay XYZ, then the price comes down. That or whoever has the widget ends up with a lot of worthless widgets :sad:

Just like the corals I have up for sale now. They cost me more than I am selling them for. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Hence I dropped the prices in half :(

I feel ya

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one that Jose Casas put up in another thread.

024-2-1.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a regular 14k picture of it?
ie. no powerbrites, actinics, or 20k's?

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have to say its a sweet chalice but I wouldnt give that price for it. I think the reason for the price is so that many people cant afford it so it keeps it rare/hard to get but the people selling it gets there money fast and is able to hold on to it longer without selling more frags. Me Ill wait a yr or two til the craze is over and try to get a frag then

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back