My mixed reef dream tank

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any chance you have your tank recently set-up? Sounds like your rocks/sand is buffering, which would be normal in a fairly new set-up. I wouldn’t worry about the dkh drop, unless there is no coral in the tank.
My kh would drop by about 2.3dkh a day if I would stop dosing haha
My tank has been set up since July. I'm not worried. Just silly things our tanks do to keep us in our toes. I made some of my rocks, used some live rock, and some old rock. Used a couple types of bacteria and live sand and old sand. I know the phosphates are still soaking in and I wasn't worried about the alk drop. I have plenty of corals to soak it up.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Worst tank on here......Just kidding. Wow very nice system!!

@Zach B
Woah and Wow! Beautiful system, you should absolutely enter our ReefTank365 Feature! This tank should definitely be shared :)

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah and Wow! Beautiful system, you should absolutely enter our ReefTank365 Feature! This tank should definitely be shared :)

Thank you! I will enter my tank later today. I love how active the forum is :)

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kole tang is doing kinda good. He had a rough first night as he seems to got into a fight with my pair of clown fish. The clown fish are extremely defensive over their area and bite any fish or even me, that comes close. The kole tang lost 1/4 of his tail, but the fins seems to be healing already. Luckily no signs of ick..
He seems to be a really picky eater though. He refuses the frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis, the nori and the flake food I offer. The guy even ignores the hair algae, which is the reason I bought him in the first place…. He is scraping the algae of the rocks and the glass, and does still look really full and healthy. I guess he starts with the food he likes the most first ‍♂️

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kole tang is doing kinda good. He had a rough first night as he seems to got into a fight with my pair of clown fish. The clown fish are extremely defensive over their area and bite any fish or even me, that comes close. The kole tang lost 1/4 of his tail, but the fins seems to be healing already. Luckily no signs of ick..
He seems to be a really picky eater though. He refuses the frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis, the nori and the flake food I offer. The guy even ignores the hair algae, which is the reason I bought him in the first place…. He is scraping the algae of the rocks and the glass, and does still look really full and healthy. I guess he starts with the food he likes the most first ‍♂️
So I found that throwing the female clownfish out of the tank when she bites you tends to curb the biting for a bit. Longer if she doesn't survive... Maybe that's not the best recommendation.
Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

It worked for mine. She's a model citizen now.

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found that throwing the female clownfish out of the tank when she bites you tends to curb the biting for a bit. Longer if she doesn't survive... Maybe that's not the best recommendation.
Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

It worked for mine. She's a model citizen now.
Haha, I’ve tried smacking her back, but that clearly didn’t do the job

I really need to find out how I insert gifs on here. Makes reading this whole thing a lot more fun

JaRRoT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zbiornik prezentuje się przepięknie, gratuluję,
co do fosforu, aby w górę poszedł w akwarium, zastosuj ATI jak na foto dobrze działa

IMG20230403210543.jpg

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly my tank is still going down hill. Lost all of my acroporas in the tank. I can’t seem to find the root cause of this tragedy… please find attached my icp test. I’ve increased my strontium already.

Attachments

• 12-5-2023.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 24

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back