My new 40 Breeder setup with Marco Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
2,309
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water has finally started to clear up some. I ended up using about 50 pounds of Marco Rock and 40 pounds of Caribsea Ocean Direct sand. I also used a couple Tropic Eden branch rocks and some of their coco tubes.

I like how it came out. I wanted two islands with lots of sand space for my 2 clams and plate corals. I also decided to not cement the rocks together like I did in my nano. I used Tropic Eden moldable rock to hold any loose pieces since it’s easily “popped” apart if needed. I had to many corals take over rocks that were super hard to remove without breaking the rocks.

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg
 
The water has finally started to clear up some. I ended up using about 50 pounds of Marco Rock and 40 pounds of Caribsea Ocean Direct sand. I also used a couple Tropic Eden branch rocks and some of their coco tubes.

I like how it came out. I wanted two islands with lots of sand space for my 2 clams and plate corals. I also decided to not cement the rocks together like I did in my nano. I used Tropic Eden moldable rock to hold any loose pieces since it’s easily “popped” apart if needed. I had to many corals take over rocks that were super hard to remove without breaking the rocks.

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg
Looks good, easy coral placement, well done!
 
One more little piece of branching rock on the lower right hand side pointing forward at an angle, would just put it over the top of me. I just kind of feel like I need a third piece there. That is of course if you're accepting any input on your already beautiful aquascape. 😜😂
 
One more little piece of branching rock on the lower right hand side pointing forward at an angle, would just put it over the top of me. I just kind of feel like I need a third piece there. That is of course if you're accepting any input on your already beautiful aquascape. 😜😂
I agree, but I’d have to order more 😂. Now if I could get the water to clear. It did for a day and then got milky again. I’m sure it’s bacteria balancing out.
 
Yeah that bacterial bloom in the beginning drove me crazy as well. I actually got a little tiny Green Machine UV that I keep in my sump still to this day. I put carbon in the pre-filter box.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new