My new 60 cube beginning

williej45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Richard, and while this is not my first saltwater tank, I have been out of the hobby for several years.
After seeing the Negative Space Aquascape (NSA) video on BRSTVs YouTube channel, I decided that this was the kick in the pants that I needed to get started again. I have never been happy with the look of stacked live rock or with the visible equipment in my tank. I took the NSA idea, added the AIO concept and went to town.
This is what I have after about a month of work and a fair chunk of my tax return.
The lights are Kessle A80s that I had left over from my last half-hearted attempt at a 20g tank.
I plan to keep mostly Zola/soft corals with a minimum of fish.
Probably a anemone/ clown, a six line wrasse and a few schooling fish.
Going to be a while as I’m only about 3 weeks into cycling.
I’ll post more as it happens.

7D5C3188-4486-425E-88D0-1740D9BB8730.jpeg

OP
OP
W

williej45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody, I’d like you to meet Stabby the Clown.
Stabby is a reference to a murderous clown from one season of “American Horror Story.”

Attachments

• C81016F4-6B6B-4AF8-A27C-2B21D6D0B03C.jpeg
    C81016F4-6B6B-4AF8-A27C-2B21D6D0B03C.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Richard, and while this is not my first saltwater tank, I have been out of the hobby for several years.
After seeing the Negative Space Aquascape (NSA) video on BRSTVs YouTube channel, I decided that this was the kick in the pants that I needed to get started again. I have never been happy with the look of stacked live rock or with the visible equipment in my tank. I took the NSA idea, added the AIO concept and went to town.
This is what I have after about a month of work and a fair chunk of my tax return.
The lights are Kessle A80s that I had left over from my last half-hearted attempt at a 20g tank.
I plan to keep mostly Zola/soft corals with a minimum of fish.
Probably a anemone/ clown, a six line wrasse and a few schooling fish.
Going to be a while as I’m only about 3 weeks into cycling.
I’ll post more as it happens.

7D5C3188-4486-425E-88D0-1740D9BB8730.jpeg
I like your tank. I am in process of setting up a 30" cube and will need to make a more open stand. Show me a pic of your stand/sump..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back