My new 93 gallon cube FTS

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brandon. I will check these out. Should look much better. Only thing is I have the corner overflow. Does it fit tight? Maybe it will help keep my stupid snails in also.

I can't answer that, I cut it a little short front to back because of the Synergy Overflow, I don't have the standard overflow. You could square it off around the overflow.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it should work fine with the corner overflow.worst case you may have to put a spacer inside the clips to raise the glass a few mm.

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh.... I have thought about selling everything a couple times.

Lost a big Monti and a couple birds nest a few weeks ago. Can't beat this cyano without running gfo and I hate paying for gfo.

Weird thing is I am battling salinity issues all the time. Never used to have that problem. Not sure if it is my 2 part or what.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lost a big Monti and a couple birds nest a few weeks ago. Can't beat this cyano without running gfo and I hate paying for gfo.

Weird thing is I am battling salinity issues all the time. Never used to have that problem. Not sure if it is my 2 part or what.
On the Cyano do you have a sand bed ?

How much 2 part you are using ?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ever considered lanatham chloride instead of GFO? I've never personally used it but I've heard good things.

Is your salinity always low or high?

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have a sand bed and it is old. Been in 3-4 tanks. I am thinking about vacuuming it out but I am not a huge fan of bare bottoms.

Salinity is always high. I can get it down to around 1.025-6 and within 2-3 weeks it is up to 1.028. I have a diy tipoff so I know it's not that. I skim fairly wet so I assumed it would keep it in check with the 2 part. I am using BRS bulk for 2 part.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing water changes in those two weeks where your salinity rises?

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand bed that's been in several tanks throws up HUGE red flags for me. At the very least you need to get that crap out:)

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand bed that's been in several tanks throws up HUGE red flags for me. At the very least you need to get that crap out:)
Yeah I believe I am going to get it out a little at a time over the next month or so. I am not a huge fan of bare bottoms but I hate this cyano more.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back