My new Biocube 32

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tanks different I suppose... my corals seem much happier and vibrant under the Steve’s LED :) I did have growth similar to yours. Several new Duncan heads and also a doubled up hammer under the stock lights but having better luck now.

I’m glad you’re having success with the stock lights!
I like your tank btw.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried sps. How did they do under the stocks? Everything I have (zoa and LPS) are growing like crazy. Only thing I can’t seem to get to spread like wildfire is GSP lol.
Well I had a green slimer that browned out due to lighting... new light and it’s almost fully restored.

don’t mind the emerald :) but that’s how brown it got in December vs a current pic on new lighting and some rehab

Attachments

• C2842B92-F018-4F45-B4BB-9A636D105EFC.jpeg
    C2842B92-F018-4F45-B4BB-9A636D105EFC.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 56
  • A0DFAC7C-3FCB-4CC3-A9B2-2FB36A73FF5B.jpeg
    A0DFAC7C-3FCB-4CC3-A9B2-2FB36A73FF5B.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 48

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had a green slimer that browned out due to lighting... new light and it’s almost fully restored.

don’t mind the emerald :) but that’s how brown it got in December vs a current pic on new lighting and some rehab
Wow. Really darkened up on you. I’ve got one frag of zoa were two of the heads did that but they’re coming back now. My old biocube cracked due to my old floor and I think the tank move may have caused them some issues.

lordthaxto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, am going to leave the trim. I really want to get the tank easier to work on. Right now when we try to work on it, we get our face blasted with light and the tank is very dark. I also heard of Steves LEDs increasing heat.
Liking your build so far, and yeah those stock light were just not enough for me too.

I went topless, added a red sea 90 led. Had to buy a 3d printed "lamp shade" for the red sea to stop light spill. Check out my build thread :)

OP
OP
marcinpolak

marcinpolak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow how time flys...

I’m back with an update!
Unfortunately it’s about 7 months later.

Ill make a quick summary of what went on and how everything is going

I’ve added all my fish and invertebrates (replace snails when they vanish).

Fish include -

2 - designer Clownfish
1 - Starry Blenny
1 - Blue Lagoon Goby
1 - Black Cap Basslet
1 - Yellow Brotulid

I added those fish throughout a 2 month period and then wait another 5 months before adding my corals that you see now. The oldest coral frag being 2 weeks old.

Throughout those months were everything was not much was added I battle Cyano and Dinos, beating both and having the cleanest bed since I started it up.

I do have Steve’s LED on it, which looks amazing and the colors it produces is outstanding.

I stopped using the protein Skimmer and rarely use the UV light and everything has been much better since. Testing weekly and changing water every week as well!

5D86F3D4-6950-498E-9BBC-99E953BD71DF.jpeg

Enjoy this long post and I do plan on updating very soon!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back