My new Pair of Breeding Clowns

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking on craigslist the other day and i came upon a post of someone selling a egg laying pair of occ. so i emailed him and he said he was a breeder and was sellling the occ pair cause he wanted to add another type of pair. he also said he would sell his pair of rods onyx breeding pair as well...(drools) so since this hobby is a mental illness i bought both pairs!
i wanted to get a nice pair of occ that are laying eggs cause when my snowcasso's are ready i can successfully raise the offspring. this guy was awesome, he has like 8 or 10 different breeding pairs of clowns. from occ to rods, to snowflakes, to aussie bw's. simple and effective setup he had going there and i learned so much from him i wish i could have stayed longer to pick his brain. i know i always wanted to raise some clowns but now i am really into it. i never do anything half a$$ed. hehe pardon my french.
so i drove an hour and p[icked up this pair of his rods onyx and a beautiful occ pair.

here are some pics of the onyx in my nano, and i didnt get good pics of the occ cause they are in my frag tank and they are being very shy.
the guy was so nice he gave me their pots that they were spawning in.

some pics. enjoy

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have let me know you were looking fo rsome,I sold 8 pairs all breeding for $500 together,thats a great deal for Onyx,Pink Skunk,Clarkii,Ocellaris,Black Ocellaris,Tomato,Maroons,and a Picasso pair.

Nice pair BTW.Good luck!PM me with any questions about breeding them or read my sticky about it!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Ericm1205

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh wish i would have known that 101!! i would have bought them! i really want a BW pair and a snowflake pair. if you know of anyone getting rid of some pairs let me know.
you still breeding? i been following your posts on breeding for a while now.
thx revsgirl!

Last edited:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL,ya Im not joking I would have sold them for under $100 per pair.I had to get rid of them,I had no room,so guess what Im doing this year!GREENHOUSE!

OP
OP
Ericm1205

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
greenhouse? serious? awesome. let me know if you need info. my parents still run a successful greenhouse/nursery business and i built many of a greenhouse. hehe
be wary of drainage and humidity.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya,only part of it is Green house for like natural sunlight.It will be tempature controled,thank goodness!

OP
OP
Ericm1205

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they get hot easily. for example when we stripped a greenhouse once we wanted to see how hot it would get. the greenhouse was about 95 at the time when we shut the fans and then we watched the thermometer shoot up to 130 - 140 in like 20 seconds. this was in august in western Pa.
you doing the greenhouse for breeding or corals?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both,corals will be in the sun and the closed part,fish in closed part all the time.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back