My new Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp, Round 2

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday while at the LFS with the intent of getting salt, I spotted this guy in their invert section (who can't relate lol). I had seen they got one in the week before but had no intent of getting it since my first experience with one a few years ago in my first Macroalgae Tank was that it was tiny, and disappeared overnight after Day 1 with no trace left behind even though it was the only inhabitant in there.

To my surprise, this guy was a GIANT (in terms of how big I expected it to be). Bigger than most of the sexy shrimp in there by body alone, but the arms were even longer. Since none of my current (and hopefullg future) fish are touching the Sexy Shrimp, I decided why not give it a shot. It's still doing good the next day so already better than my first attempt lol

Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp (Ancylomenes pedersoni) is also known for setting up cleaning stations and cleaning fish. From what I saw, it looks like this species is willing to clean smaller fish since it's smaller than a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. It's a detritovore so it'll eat any leftovers the fish don't touch and little bits of things here and there. Very excited to have one again, hopefully it'll setup its cleaning station somewhere in the front so I can take some pics and vids of it cleaning the fish

Camera: Sony A6100
Lens: Sony 90mm Macro

DSC05688.jpg
DSC05711.jpg
DSC05750.jpg

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures, they're fun shrimp! They like to hang out in the open, so they're easier to spot than some, and mine will advertise to clean me when I show up at the tank and act distinctively excited - shaking their antennae around quickly and then swimming over to the glass. More recently, they've started doing the same when being fed, it's very fun to watch.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back