OP
A

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok, the Steve's LEDs kit is in! Did it last night. Here's the initial results.

Attachments

• IMG_5946.jpg
    IMG_5946.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5961.JPG
    IMG_5961.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5964.jpg
    IMG_5964.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5965.jpg
    IMG_5965.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5966.jpg
    IMG_5966.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5968.jpg
    IMG_5968.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5971.jpg
    IMG_5971.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5973.jpg
    IMG_5973.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 36

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish i saw your OP sooner, i have the same tank and setup, including an older steve's leds install that needs some maintenance. i like the lights quite a bit, but customer support with steve's leds on my issue has made sessile invertebrates look fast. i had to send a "please send or cancel my order" email to them earlier this week, but hopefully i should have the parts i need by friday. here's a thread i started about my problems with the lights and you can see the dates i am talking about when i first contacted them for help with the issue...

OP
OP
A

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
wish i saw your OP sooner, i have the same tank and setup, including an older steve's leds install that needs some maintenance. i like the lights quite a bit, but customer support with steve's leds on my issue has made sessile invertebrates look fast. i had to send a "please send or cancel my order" email to them earlier this week, but hopefully i should have the parts i need by friday. here's a thread i started about my problems with the lights and you can see the dates i am talking about when i first contacted them for help with the issue...

I am waiting for support to get back to me too. I had some issues mounting my kit. I think it was assembled wrong because some of the holes didn't line up correctly. So it's hanging on by 2 screws and a prayer right now. Look at the picture. It's pretty clear that those 3 center holes are NOT lined up and they should be.

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 37

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that seems sketchy. i really do like the lights, and with just half them working i have some acros looking fine, but i've had to move them to the front to make sure they are getting enough light. hope jeff gets back to you and they make it right, it may take some follow up on your part. i was probably too patient so, maybe steve's isn't responsible for 100% of my delay. i'm not 100% certain the drivers will fix my problem, so if they don't, i'm going to find a different solution and be done with steve's leds.

i liked the reefbrite idea mentioned above.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OT, but can anyone here tell me if I can access the water cooling fans without taking apart the canopy? Red Sea was no help whatsoever, and told me to take a hike when I asked them. Okay, the told me to contact Steve's, which is essentially saying the same thing.

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OT, but can anyone here tell me if I can access the water cooling fans without taking apart the canopy? Red Sea was no help whatsoever, and told me to take a hike when I asked them. Okay, the told me to contact Steve's, which is essentially saying the same thing.

the "water cooling fans" on mine are the two side by side fans at the left rear of the canopy that have a plug-in port for the power supply. there are two pressure clips on the sides of those fans and they both pop out in a single housing.

the other fans in the canopy or for the fixture. i think you can access those from side if necessary, but that piece is tricky to get in and out.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the "water cooling fans" on mine are the two side by side fans at the left rear of the canopy that have a plug-in port for the power supply. there are two pressure clips on the sides of those fans and they both pop out in a single housing.

the other fans in the canopy or for the fixture. i think you can access those from side if necessary, but that piece is tricky to get in and out.
Yes, it's the water cooling fans in the back that I'm trying to remove. Do you squeeze the clips inward and take the unit out the back? or does it come out vertically and through the top of the canopy?

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's the water cooling fans in the back that I'm trying to remove. Do you squeeze the clips inward and take the unit out the back? or does it come out vertically and through the top of the canopy?
i'll need to confirm in the morning, but yes, i think both of those options work.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help figure out how to set these?? it's confusing as all get out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back