My new seahorses.... pic heavy

FishRForMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my 56 gal column tank and got 4 h. erectus that were all yellow. Now two of them are almost black most of the time. Last week I got in my 2 orange sunbursts. One of them is a pinky red orange color and the male is orange. I just finished my tank remodel with the coral I painted. I'm thrilled with the setup and they seem to be, as well...
_DSC0021.jpg

_DSC0033.jpg

_DSC0031.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0048.jpg

_DSC0056.jpg

_DSC0024.jpg

_DSC0033.jpg

_DSC0016.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Sea horses are so weird:D looking good

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool looking tank!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but the two orange ones came from Alyssa Gabriel (great to deal with)
http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com
The 2 orange ones came from Ocean rider....
That is awesome. I have communicated with Alyssa on fusejaw and thought about getting future seahorses from her someday. I will be interested to see how all your ponies do together. There is a school of thought that says you should not mix seahorses from different sources because of the different pathogens involved. Since my ponies are OR, I will be interested if they can be mixed with Alyssa's. I also heard big WCs done often can reduce the risk of mixing ponies. Best of luck to you and your ponies.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great!! Please keep us updated on how they do. I'm also considering ordering them from Alyssa.

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Iive in Slidell and have been thinking about starting one for my granddaughter s

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Iive in Slidell and have been thinking about starting one for my granddaughter s
Be sure to research them. Seahorses have some special needs if you are to have long term success with them. My first time to have them went badly for me and worse for the ponies because i did not do any research.

OP
OP
FishRForMe

FishRForMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do they have someone to help them or are they old enough to do it themselves. It's not really complicated, but takes some dedication on the part of the owners...

OP
OP
FishRForMe

FishRForMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be available around the end of August or Sept... I think it will take that long before they can be sexed... haven't thought about pricing yet. Since you are close I won't have to ship, so I'm sure we can work something out. How many are you looking for?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back