My new skimma!

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for B-Day/Xmas last year (and the next three years) I bought myself a new aquarium, and a kick-ace skimmer to go with it... long story short, I'm still waiting on my tank, and my new skimmer has been sitting there staring me in the eye. The new tank is ~183 gals, and the new skimmer is an ATB Medium with Airstar pump. My existing system is 80 gals TSV, and had an Aqua-Euro 55 in the sump...

As I told Junior, "I got bored one night...":

ATB sitting in 20 gal sump :tongue:
img_4734.jpg

About 4-5 hours after turning on:
img_4735.jpg

img_4744.jpg

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just let the record show, this is going to be the life support for his new 200 gallon A.G.E. aquarium that due to arrive in a week or so...

TROYREEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats sweet austin. I have a 180gal also. You need a million dollar to stock it lol.

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where'd u get the skimmer from stun? Nice lookin job, cone skimmer correct? Havent done much research on the ATB's :)

okay so I went to their website, saw the price, and about passed out lol good lord, and i thought mine was pricey LOL I stand corrected

Last edited:
OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junior - "scheduled" for shipping out Friday :D

TROYREFER - 180s are sweet... I have had a 6x2x2 in the past and LOVED it... this time I wanted something a little different, so the dims are 4' x 3' x 2'... ~183 gals. The plan is to stock with a few SPS, transfer existing LPS, and do maintenance for a year without adding coral... won't happen though.

alvieman - Thanks man, and yep she's a cone. ATB's are all about the business end of things... and pullin' it out! I got this from Victor directly, who is the USA distributor for ATBs (they're Austrian if you didn't know). UNBELIEVABLE customer service... hands down the best in the bizz IME. Unfortunately yes, they're not cheap, however with this hobby you get what you pay for. Here is a pic right after un-packing to see the shape:

img_4728.jpg

bigian - good to hear man... I already do! Did you get the drop dead sexy ATB Ferrari Red? :wink:

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back