OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am a little over a week into my new skimmer purchase. Check out these images:

556128780_kZqTM-L.jpg

In this image you can see the VBT, and the skimmer output. There are a couple of points I would like to mention in this image, first notice that nearly ALL the microbubbles are above the bubble plate. Second, notice the LACK of bubbles coming from the skimmer output! This is a very good design, bubbles stay IN the skimmer, not out.

556128397_eMwDK-L.jpg

Flash image of the collection cup.
556128947_J4dE5-L.jpg

No flash image of the cup. In both of these pictures you can see the color and AMOUNT of skimmate in the cup. The skimmer has been running about 9 days now, and this is the second time the cup has been this full. The skimmate in this batch is DARKER then that of the first cup, I am not looking forward to cleaning that cup out!

556128573_YcHvg-L.jpg

Final image for today's update, the bubbles in the neck. I happened to catch ONE large bubble in the neck, but that is not the norm. The bubble size as you see is MUCH smaller then in my first set of images. It is quite amazing to me that this volume of bubbles remains small in the neck, I attribute this to the cone transition and the stepless neck.

I have to say that I am quite pleased with my purchase, this skimmer stays busy all day!

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking beast!! I can just imagine how nasty that thing is going to get once fully broken in!

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I am 2 weeks into the new skimmer and the K2 shows no signs of slowing down! These are images from just a little bit ago:

560915063_si5w9-L.jpg

You can see some algae on the cone now, I moved the T5's from the fuge down, so I can have a frag rack in the sump.

560915898_aUPby-L.jpg

Ewwwww!!!!!

560915542_9JBbx-L.jpg

This picture stinks, but you can see that below the VBT, there are NO BUBBLES, none.

2 weeks in and I continue to be VERY pleased with my purchase. This is the right skimmer for me, it fits my bioload nicely and it stays busy all day.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is on my 90 gallon SPS reef Paul. I have a rather large fish load, 17 in all, and I feed heavily too. Here is a full tank shot from today:

(Please excuse my reflection)
560916261_vAPGU-L.jpg

Just the actinics are on in this pic to, but the flash washes them out.

Here is a full shot of the sump, also from today:
560914404_KLaUy-L.jpg

That is a 30 long on top, and a 50 breeder on the bottom.

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good mike.I actually had a leak n my collection cup but was able to glue it pretty quick and easy. But glad to see it is working well.
Mojo~

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow 6 post now.lol I am such a newb

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chris. I have to clean the cup again today, not looking forward to it. Today 12:39 AM

It's like smelling your own farts...they're bad, but its your own, so its not that bad:angel: Cleaning a friends skimmer cup..now that's bad!!

That skimmer looks to be a solid purchase!

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good mike.I actually had a leak n my collection cup but was able to glue it pretty quick and easy. But glad to see it is working well.
Mojo~

wow 6 post now.lol I am such a newb

LOL! Ya, you are a newb for sure! I am very happy with my skimmer now, this skimmer is much better for me then the 2S was.

It's like smelling your own farts...they're bad, but its your own, so its not that bad:angel: Cleaning a friends skimmer cup..now that's bad!!

That skimmer looks to be a solid purchase!

I don't know Andy, this is by far the worst skimmate ever as far as I am concerned. It has LITERALLY made le GAG!!!

I agree, solid purchase for sure!

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well man off topic but I cant wait till another frag swap where I can meat more of you all and chat for a bit.
Good luck. Ill try to stop in here more often.
Mojo~

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely Jesse! The MASM monster swap is in September, same weekend as MACNA though....

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back