My new tank!

Tiny Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new 40b, still tweaking things and learning but it is so beautiful to me. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!.
I need to add an affordable better light for the anemone but I really like the Orbit marine look.
IMG_20230102_165647160.jpg

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could grab another orbit strip, then when you are ready upgrade with some pendants like ai prime or kessel or radions. I made mine with 2 radions and 2 orbit strips, kind of like the t5 hybrid fixture but with the orbit strip instead of t5. Used some aluminum angle and stainless bolts all painted black, was super quick and easy.
1429.jpg

Nem would def appreciate the extra light though.

Attachments

• 1429.jpg
    1429.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 20

JGK17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new 40b, still tweaking things and learning but it is so beautiful to me. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!.
I need to add an affordable better light for the anemone but I really like the Orbit marine look.
IMG_20230102_165647160.jpg
If you are looking for an affordable light check out the popular grow led bars on AliExpress. Alot of reefers use them for lighting. You can even change the color spectrum if you contact the seller since all the diodes are 470nm or you can buy some 3w diodes in the colors you'd light and soldering them on yourself. There is a video on YouTube on how to do it.

OP
OP
Tiny Ocean

Tiny Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could grab another orbit strip, then when you are ready upgrade with some pendants like ai prime or kessel or radions. I made mine with 2 radions and 2 orbit strips, kind of like the t5 hybrid fixture but with the orbit strip instead of t5. Used some aluminum angle and stainless bolts all painted black, was super quick and easy.
1429.jpg

Nem would def appreciate the extra light though.
Thanks for the ideas!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 55 42.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 10 7.8%
Back