My other hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billdogg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2017
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
3,005
Location
Grove City, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to make sawdust. Sometimes it's something small, perhaps a music box or cutting board.
Other times it's a bit more of a project.

This is my latest. Signed off on it yesterday.

The cabinets are Sapele stained Sedona Red, the drawers are Spalted Maple with Quilted Maple Veneer fronts. I now consider myself an expert at half-blind dovetails. All was sanded to 220 with an orbital sander and then hand sanded to 400. The finish is 12 coats of wipe-on polyurethane with much steel wooling between to achieve that baby butt smooth final coat.

ysyW41w.jpg
 
TYVM! I will take a few more pictures
 
That's some beautiful work!!!
 
Wonderful work I'd love to see some closeup details. I do some woodworking myself.

How about these?

The hardware is from LeeValley, the veneer from www.veneersupplies.com

vc7XzAS.jpg


wrjMc7z.jpg


3kBpqvS.jpg


It's been suggested that because she is 5'1" and the cabinets are 66" that maybe I should be making a foot stool out of the remaining Sapele. Because I needed another project......:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new