My percula behavior explained

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
109,389
Reaction score
246,626
Location
Wisconsin -
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
80C423F8-7C35-4981-B34F-6B52726ABD1D.jpeg
A81F4CA7-2D87-47EB-9997-F89EE271FA11.jpeg
51D8F245-3DD3-44F3-9B2B-D6D674438025.jpeg
I have 5 very big Perculas in my 360. I noticed about 3 weeks ago very aggressive behavior and refusal to leave from carpet anemone. They also have driven food away from carpet anemone.
Last night I noticed one of them butted against rock and low and behold, a massive deposit of eggs which are shaking and possible eye balls. So cool to experience
 
That is so AWESOME!
 
congrats. I have a bunch of true percula babies i raised.

IMG_1083.jpeg IMG_1084.jpeg
 
FE4B21B5-007C-4FC9-9AC1-C6333D7599D2.jpeg
205BDF62-B0B7-4FEA-8747-B9B4A235DEA6.jpeg
94D46F25-4B08-4EEB-88A8-BB62DA67E8AF.jpeg
E523BE45-2861-4E0D-A889-9B66D2D88176.jpeg
Flower pot going in. Hand a second clutch of eggs
 
Did any of these eggs hatch?
I wouldn't let them. This was happening at a point when I was about to do a major transfer from that tank to a new one. Last thing I wanted to do was deal with eggs. The pair are sticking together in new tank so a sign that will resume in the future
 
I wouldn't let them. This was happening at a point when I was about to do a major transfer from that tank to a new one. Last thing I wanted to do was deal with eggs. The pair are sticking together in new tank so a sign that will resume in the future
Gotcha. I have never had a clown pair lay eggs to my knowledge... you know of any picasso or snowflake clowns that are from tank breeding.
 
Gotcha. I have never had a clown pair lay eggs to my knowledge... you know of any picasso or snowflake clowns that are from tank breeding.
Yes, have a local member (Wisconsin Reef society ) that has quite a few for sale - Tank bred by her )
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new