My personal recommendation of apex

Andreass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to share my experience with my apex computer to hear if I'm the only one have those experiences about how this can be solved or if I have to see me have to sell it.

There was a heavy thinking in 2016 where I reviewed up apex, GHL or just buy separate products to use for my new aquarium setup but after reviewing the website, read a bit about how great this product was i chose to spend my money on a brand new apex classic along with leak detectors prob holder for this period there was plenty of money going out to the aquarium to light etc.

Everything went well for a few months even though the apex was only for measuring ph, temp to check that I did not get any leaks and I was very pleased with the Fusion.

Before you read this i want to tell you that i have all my apex products in a locked room so the water or other stuff cant get to the products!

After half a year everything was good, I had no problems with my apex so i decided to go into a very big investment at Apex so i acted:

1 kit with wav
1 extra wav pump
2 Dòs
2 DDR

I should obviously not have done because then all of my problems started and the problems just got bigger and it was a VERY big expense for me due to apex

Just 3 weeks after I started all the new i bought the problems started 1 after 1

I was gone 2 days and when i got home i had lost some fish, the tank had a lot of algae something I did not understand because of my fusion, everything was ok. When I started debugging, I found out that one of my wav pumps had burned in the modul entrance which caused my entire wav module and the other 2 pumps were turned off but when i did take out the burned wav pump the 2 other started to work again and i said to myself this is strange. I went into fusion to look and the pumps were ok and the flow was okay but it was not.

I think this was something that could happen to everybody that when there are electronics etc, such things can happen. I contacted Apex to get prompt help to replace the wav pump that was broken but what i did not like is that I as a customer also have to pay money to ship a broken back to the dealer even if this is a warranty case ... so I had to pay 40 dollars plus packaging.

A week after i got back my wav was so much better but then i got a new problem ...

This time it was my Dos who did not want to dose more ...

I have used other products for many years without having to check this every day, I did not think I needed to do it with Dos either because it was in a much higher price range compared to many other products but so wrong could i take....

I responded that some of my corals started to lose color something I did not understand why. I started to troubleshoot that in the end, I found out that, from some point of view, one of the engines was not able to push the fluid up and out in the tank for some reason.

I connected with apex they sad that i should get a new but I never knew what was the problem ... then we were left in the same nonsense that I had to pay new 40 dollars plus packaging.

2 days after I received a new dos, I again got a new problem .. just like nop I'm not supposed to have a product that should work or that I have bad karma...

This time it was not a big problem but one of my DDR that stop showing up at my fusion, so i did not know how much fluid there was left in the 2 of them. i contacted apex again and this time they did want to call me and support me but after 2 houers on support and phone/live chat they did not find the problem so they sad that i needed to send the DDR in and i would get a new one but guss what.... i again neede to pay 40 dollars plus packaging.....

i sad to my self that after all these problems i would not buy more apex products before its stable and everything is working over time....

after a wild, my apex did not reconnect after the power went off and still that problem is not fixed but i have lost a lot of happiness after all this problem with products that should have been working fantastic...

idiot as i was i was so happy when i saw that the ATK was coming to the marked and after reading comments from that from persons around the world i sad okay one more time and guess what.... 1 week after i got it the problem start coming... first my PMUP stop and i got email that there was a fail on it and i run home to control and then it looks like the float valve is not letting the water out as it should so the PMUP shuts down... and the small white push fit you are supposed to have on the tubing with a small hole it

does not work and do not let the water out... after disconnecting the tubing from the float valve a new problem did come.. when the PMUP pumps water in to the tank and when it stops the water continue draining the tank so here we are again i cant use the product and i need to pay 40 new dollars plus packaging.

oh if this is not enough then this is the tip of the iceberg i just started with triton method and are using all my 4 outlets on the 2 dos. and everything have been looking fantastic for some months now but today is just did some maintains on the tank and was controlling that everything was okay with my dos and checking my ddr and what do you think the result was? of cores it needed to be a new problem and this time as last time the same Dos i change for some months ago had done the same as the last one... the motor can`t push the fluid from the DDR to the dos and out to the tank for some reason so tonight it's going to be a new round with apex support and i guess again i need to pay 40 dollars plus packaging......

the reason i want to share this problem and everything is because it tried. unhappy and really just want to throw a big rock into the front of my tank because I'm tired of fails, fish, coral loss...

i have been using around 5000 dollars on apex products + shipping cost of broken products....

i don't know what i can do anymore but if this continues i will pack down my tank and leave the reef hobby because of all these problems and no success is just hard...

LESS HASSLE MORE, MORE SUCSESS THEY SAY... HMM I DONT KNOW YOU CHOSE

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what to say. I have the classic ( older system) that I have had for almost three years.
I do not have a DOS or DDR but almost everything else including the ATK
The only problems I have had was my display went blank ( firmware update) and had my ATK turning off early both which were corrected by tech support

I’m sorry you have had these issues I hope it all get resolved and maybe if there was enough of us complaining we could get them to change their return policy on shipping things back

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently shelled out the $800 for the Apex controller last weekend on my new build and have had nothing but problems with it from day 1. The conductivity probe doesn't seem to work consistently after calibrating it a couple times per the manufacturers instructions and the biggest headache for me is the dang thing keeps shutting off power to every component plugged into the energy bar which means basically my whole tank shuts down several times during the day. I have no power issues at my house nor internet issues and I also have a 50 cube that I've been running for over 4 years never 1 issue with power or internet. This is an incredibly pricey piece of equipment by the hobby's standards to be as faulty as it is right out of the box.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All things aside, charging the customer shipping for a faulty product is just non-sense. Sadly we don't have many options so I guess the manufacturers can do whatever they want as long as we want to use their products. Ecotech is the same. The only company that has not charged me for shipping is Kessil who even paid for shipping to send me parts I lost for free. It's why I am sticking with Kessil now.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has always provided me with a shipping label and their customer service is light years ahead of Neptunes.

jkapit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of all your issues.I went all in on Apex for my rebuild in February and I am very satisfied.

4 DOS, 2 DDR, PAR meter, and VDM module. They all work great, I had fusion connection issues the first month and Neptune support actually dialed into my router and set it up and it is rock solid.

I would not give up on the system, any subsystem can fail and I’ve had that happen in the past only to realize it’s been going on for a while. It can happen with any system.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Apex (2016) for about 16 months now and have not had any issues with the system as a whole, just some wifi connectivity problems that were fixed via firmware updates. In addition to the Main unit I also use an AFS (2 feedings/day), an ATK, and a DOS/DDR combo. Mine has helped me be more successful by far as it takes some of the everyday burden off of me and helps me maintain my tank's stability.

Other than the wifi connectivity issues at the beginning I have not had any issues with it at all so I think your problems are not a systematic representation of the Apex but defect/programming related.

Keep your head up and harass their tech support rather than feeling defeated.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point is you shouldn’t need that much tech support if any for the price you pay.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 203 71.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back