Apes modules missing after turning some power off

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing some electrical work in the basement, so I flipped off the breaker. This happens to be the breaker which EB32 #2 is plugged in to. After it came back on, it couldn't find some of the modules that were powered off. After power cycling and plugging and unplugging various things, it keeps finding fewer and fewer modules.

Why couldn't it find the modules after powering back up?

Why did it get worse when I turned things on and off and plugged and unplugged aquabus cables?

I guess I'm just going to reprogram all the "new" modules with the "old" behavior. This is kind of frustrating.

Setup:
EB32 #1 ---- Apex ---- EB32 #2 ------ COR
\----- DOS
\--- DOS

When the power was cut for the electrical work, EB32 #2 and all the module to the right of it were disconnected.

Thanks!
Brett

OP
OP
BrettE

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.42.50 PM.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see any indicator lights on those modules?

Eb832s are notorious for damaging the 12v psu during a power outage. If they're powered by the eb832 a good place to check would be the 12v psu.

If the lights are on, disconnect the aqua bus cable to the modules and reconnect them to see if fusionnwill recognize them.

OP
OP
BrettE

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they all have orange lights on. It recognizes them just fine, it just seems to think they're new.

In the screen shot you can see that each missing module has a new on that has now popped up. Ex: I have only 1 COR pump. It's missing COR_Mixing, but found COR_5 now. It doesn't recognize that the COR it seesis COR_Mixing.

OP
OP
BrettE

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, perhaps before reprogramming everything.

Try to reboot the apex via apex fusion. Click on the wrench > scroll down to check reboot > then scroll back up and click on the cloud.
Unfortunately I didn't see this until I'd already taken the nuclear approach. This isn't the first time this has happened though, and I'm sure it will happened again, so I'll hang on to this suggestion. Thanks!!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I didn't see this until I'd already taken the nuclear approach. This isn't the first time this has happened though, and I'm sure it will happened again, so I'll hang on to this suggestion. Thanks!!
It's weird, fusion has been acting funky lately.

I had some module issues the other day, and one of the locals had a similar issue to yours just this weekend.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back