simpsons_pinchy.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 58

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pet and I am glad you got a chiller for him. I kept them a few times here in New York because I dove for them over many years and sometimes I got a small one. Illegal of course and when they got a little larger I returned them to the sea.

I myself don't eat lobster but my wife loves them. We were in the sea food business and I had to eat those things almost every day. ;Vomit

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pet and I am glad you got a chiller for him. I kept them a few times here in New York because I dove for them over many years and sometimes I got a small one. Illegal of course and when they got a little larger I returned them to the sea.

I myself don't eat lobster but my wife loves them. We were in the sea food business and I had to eat those things almost every day. ;Vomit
+1 on not enjoying eating lobsters. If you have to coat something in butter for it to be good, then you just really like butter.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on not enjoying eating lobsters. If you have to coat something in butter for it to be good, then you just really like butter.
I love butter... it's like people who have to pair a fancy wine with a certain meal. Butter, and lobster are just better together. I can't understand the wine thing though. It all made sense in my head though.

Also, I've seen so many lobster tanks at restaurants that I thought this would be underwhelming, actually its awesome. And the story and photo journey made it extra special. Glad you posted OP!

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He is now a beloved pet and is spoiled!! I loved eating lobster but after getting larry i just cant do it lol!!! The chiller is a must for him and although they can live in warmer climates from what ive read it creates health problems! Larry has been through the ringer and deserves the best! JbJ chiller are expensive but worth every dime lol

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love butter... it's like people who have to pair a fancy wine with a certain meal. Butter, and lobster are just better together. I can't understand the wine thing though. It all made sense in my head though.

Also, I've seen so many lobster tanks at restaurants that I thought this would be underwhelming, actually its awesome. And the story and photo journey made it extra special. Glad you posted OP!
I work at a seafood restaurant and hate the tank!!! Ive been there 6 years and refuse to walk them to get killed! My manager does it for me thank god!! I feel bad for them!!! Even more so now that i have larry! Wish i could rescue them all!!!

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a seafood restaurant and hate the tank!!! Ive been there 6 years and refuse to walk them to get killed! My manager does it for me thank god!! I feel bad for them!!! Even more so now that i have larry! Wish i could rescue them all!!!
The idea of killing them like that, also how people boil blue crab alive doesn't sit right with me. I can't.. I'll eat both but I can see it alive before I do. I can catch blue crab in my back yard but I won't eat it for some reason, because i saw it alive I guess?

It would awesome to see a huge set up for one of these guys! How big do you think you might go when you get house?

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The idea of killing them like that, also how people boil blue crab alive doesn't sit right with me. I can't.. I'll eat both but I can see it alive before I do. I can catch blue crab in my back yard but I won't eat it for some reason, because i saw it alive I guess?

It would awesome to see a huge set up for one of these guys! How big do you think you might go when you get house?
Not sure but i would want something more squared in shape so he can have more room to wander the bottom! Shorter and wider!!! Hes got alot of room to maneuver now but always want better for our pets! Wasnt cheap to set up one lobby lol! Worth it...yes! Cheap....no! Found out i love keeping an aquarium though so might set up a smaller one in my bedroom as well! Not for a lobster lol

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but i would want something more squared in shape so he can have more room to wander the bottom! Shorter and wider!!! Hes got alot of room to maneuver now but always want better for our pets! Wasnt cheap to set up one lobby lol! Worth it...yes! Cheap....no! Found out i love keeping an aquarium though so might set up a smaller one in my bedroom as well! Not for a lobster lol
Always check Craigslist and FB market place. Always someone getting rid of tabks for cheap! My first set ups came from Craigslist. You save thousands.

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always check Craigslist and FB market place. Always someone getting rid of tabks for cheap! My first set ups came from Craigslist. You save thousands.
Yeah i got my tank, stand and brand new 307 filter for 400 on facebook lol!!! The 307 alone was almost 400 and the tank/stand was only a month old! Guy showed me receipts hahha! He wanted it gone and judging from his house had money and didnt care about selling it cheap! Worked out for me and of course Larry! Lol

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
season 6 pet or pets GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Also this is who I immediately thought of when I learned about Larry, please tell me this ishis namesake

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back