My Pet Lobster

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Natadactyl , my reef lobster 'Helmut. D' sends his best wishes to 'Larry' from across the pond in the UK. I have had him for nearly 4 years. Here is a photo I took of him in his cave.

Enoplometopus debelius.jpg

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Natadactyl , my reef lobster 'Helmut. D' sends his best wishes to 'Larry' from across the pond in the UK. I have had him for nearly 4 years. Here is a photo I took of him in his cave.

Enoplometopus debelius.jpg
Omg hes so cute! What do u feed him? Does he move his stuff around all the time? I have so many questions lol! I love your Lobby! Larry is definitely my baby! Hes spoiled!

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg hes so cute! What do u feed him? Does he move his stuff around all the time? I have so many questions lol! I love your Lobby! Larry is definitely my baby! Hes spoiled!
Hikari crab cuisine, He also like Otohime that I top dress myself and mysis shrimp.

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah larry doesnt like pellets i tried! Lol! He eats scallops, peas, jumbo shrimp, peppers and mussels!!! I feed him some everyday and mix it up! I try different healthy things for him!!!
Hikari crab cuisine, He also like Otohime that I top dress myself and mysis shrimp.
Yeah larry doesnt like pellets i tried! Lol! He eats scallops, peas, jumbo shrimp, peppers and mussels!!! I feed him some everyday and mix it up! I try different healthy things for him!!! Here he is with a scallop and wont let go of his feeding stick lol

Attachments

• Snapchat-1690496860.jpg
    Snapchat-1690496860.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 47

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helmut D will eat anything, including my finger tips, :) . I like to feed him pellets as they contain all of the ingredients he needs for a strong moult. I mix up my own gel foods for my other animals so may make up a special recipe just for him.

Raw shrimp should be ideal as it contains chitin. But my lobster is a reef lobster Enoplometopus Debelius, That is where he gets his name from Helmut Debelius who first named the species. Max size around 5 inch. This is a pic I took when he was much smaller.

54349924_554583605040909_2394246621714972672_n.jpg

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helmut D will eat anything, including my finger tips, :) . I like to feed him pellets as they contain all of the ingredients he needs for a strong moult. I mix up my own gel foods for my other animals so may make up a special recipe just for him.

Raw shrimp should be ideal as it contains chitin. But my lobster is a reef lobster Enoplometopus Debelius, That is where he gets his name from Helmut Debelius who first named the species. Max size around 5 inch. This is a pic I took when he was much smaller.

He is a great looking lobsta! They are such fascinating pets! While i know Larry isnt meant to be one im glad i saved him and he can live a good life!!!

He is a great looking lobsta! They are such fascinating pets! While i know Larry isnt meant to be one im glad i saved him and he can live a good life!!! His recent moult!! Craziest thing! Looks like a whole lobster but just his old suit!!! What a guy!!! Lol

Attachments

• Snapchat-814662668.jpg
    Snapchat-814662668.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 51

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He buried the body afterwards like a good lobster! Lol!

I used to live in FL where lobster "hunting" is big. I was told that they are spooked out by other dead lobsters and that if you throw remains near spots with lots of lobsters they'll all leave.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Larrys chiller!!! So expensive but so worth it!!! JBJ done did good lol
Good you have that because I thought it was a heater and I was just going to comment no. They are cold water animals. And they can live for decades some even 100+ years. They really are super easy pets. Although most people don’t keep them…as they also don’t really don’t move around a lot and boring to most people or food.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back