My Quarantine Strategy for New Wrasse's

ChadmRoman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
458
Reaction score
159
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finally convinced setting a quarantine tank for new additions will help in the longevity and health of all my fish, but mainly I'm tired of losing wrasse's. I am basically follow @Humblefish and his setup process, but figured I would post to see if anyone has other experiences or suggestions, so here we go...

Here's the setup:
  1. 20G Long
  2. TIdal 35 HOB filter w/ matrix seeded from DT
  3. Power Head
  4. Sand and a few pieces of live rubble rock
  5. seachem badge
  6. some PVC
  7. seachem stability
Livestock
  1. Yellow Corris
  2. blue star leopard
  3. Lubbock

Week 1 - Get fish (mainly leopard) eating frozen foods. I purchased live brine to start, and proud to say all fish are eating frozen as of day three. Daily 20% wc to help with Ammonia
Week 2 - 50% wc, Begin R1 Prazi for the next 7 days
Week 3 - 50% wc, add carbon and daily 20% wc for a couple days to remove any additional prazi, start adding copper power
week 4 - get copper power up to therapeutic level of 2.5
weeks 5, 6, 7, 8 - copper (30 days) - potential wc's during this time, will monitor using seachem badge and test kits
week 9 - 50% wc, add carbon to remove remaining copper, start r2 prazi
Week 10 - Prazi for remaining seven days, 50% wc, add carbon, and monitor for remaining week
Week 11 - move to DT if all goes well
 
Im a fan of the new 36 hour TTM method
2 weeks vs 11 weeks
11 weeks is more than I can deal with. Im not a big fan of copper
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new