My Reef Nutrition Mysis Feast overflows from the bottle like a shaken soda?

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only used it a few times so far and this has never happened until today.

Lost a good amount of food until it stopped on its own.

Is there any reason it should be foaming up and overflowing like when you shake a soda can?

IMG_5895.jpg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is there any reason it should be foaming up and overflowing like when you shake a soda can?

IMG_5895.jpg
Very strange I use this same stuff and never seen this

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry about this!!! This happens sometimes when a shell fragment doesn't get screened out. The acid dissolves the fragment which releases gas. Please discard the product.

Please reach out to me directly so that I can get you a new bottle, free of charge. We will take care of this for you. In the future, if you ever have this problem, please reach out directly to us so we can help you rapidly. 888-511-7333

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
F

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry about this!!! This happens sometimes when a shell fragment doesn't get screened out. The acid dissolves the fragment which releases gas. Please discard the product.

Please reach out to me directly so that I can get you a new bottle, free of charge. We will take care of this for you. In the future, if you ever have this problem, please reach out directly to us so we can help you rapidly. 888-511-7333

Best,
Chad

Thats crazy! Thanks for the explanation. I will send you a private message

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fed this to my tank (1 tablespoon for 110g) for the first time and it caused my skimmer to go crazy dumping four days worth of very dark skimmate back into the sump.. I didn’t notice it for an hour because I was watching a movie with my nephew… what the actual heck????? I’ve had a couple things freak my skimmer out but never food…. I guess I need to be more vigilant when using anything new.. but Im super never using this food again… frustrating…

(Sorry sort of piggy backed on this thread.. doing damage control here snd found this with a search)

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fed this to my tank (1 tablespoon for 110g) for the first time and it caused my skimmer to go crazy dumping four days worth of very dark skimmate back into the sump.. I didn’t notice it for an hour because I was watching a movie with my nephew… what the actual heck????? I’ve had a couple things freak my skimmer out but never food…. I guess I need to be more vigilant when using anything new.. but Im super never using this food again… frustrating…

(Sorry sort of piggy backed on this thread.. doing damage control here snd found this with a search)
Sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. It's very odd to hear that your skimmer went haywire with only 1 tablespoon of this food in 110 gallons. That's such a small dose considering the volume of water in the tank. Please accept our deepest apologies for this. If you have any other questions or concerns, please send me a message.

-Chad

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. It's very odd to hear that your skimmer went haywire with only 1 tablespoon of this food in 110 gallons. That's such a small dose considering the volume of water in the tank. Please accept our deepest apologies for this. If you have any other questions or concerns, please send me a message.

-Chad
Thanks for the note. I may have overreacted a little.. really bad timing.. but when is good timing for the skimmer to do that?? Anyways.. yeah I thought it was very unusual. I might try dosing MF once a week or something and leave my skimmer off for a couple hours or maybe dose late and leave it off overnight or something.. let the critters absorb all of the good stuff overnight.. Anyways I will experiment.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the note. I may have overreacted a little.. really bad timing.. but when is good timing for the skimmer to do that?? Anyways.. yeah I thought it was very unusual. I might try dosing MF once a week or something and leave my skimmer off for a couple hours or maybe dose late and leave it off overnight or something.. let the critters absorb all of the good stuff overnight.. Anyways I will experiment.
Really appreciate your response. Please let me know how it goes. Improving product quality is a never ending process. ;)

Roberto1998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5895.jpg
What is that, why does it look like this?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back