My reef safe ORA tiger tail seahorses.

Jmareef1022

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2018
Messages
470
Reaction score
365
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please no negative comments. Have a pair in my mixed reef just wanted to share. 20190924_140015.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20191006_131140.mp4
    83.3 MB
That looks fantastic! All the best on your challenge. I have high hopes that he/she will thrive! Keep us posted.
 
That looks fantastic! All the best on your challenge. I have high hopes that he/she will thrive! Keep us posted.
Being ORA they eat like pigs when I offer mysis, they also hunt all day for microorganisms, from a fellow fb reef friends they confirmed both being females. The black one is now almost white I wonder if it's turning into a Male. Both seem happy to me so far.
 

Attachments

  • 20190929_133845.mp4
    50.9 MB
Love the royalty-free music in the video ;Singing:D
 
I'm curious as to just WHAT reef safe really means??
Well to me would be that they're reef safe with caution. They're safe with certain non stinging corals.
 
What did they tell you about bacteria resistance that is needed due to higher temps and dirtier water?? That would have an influence if I were buying.
 
What did they tell you about bacteria resistance that is needed due to higher temps and dirtier water?? That would have an influence if I were buying.
 
My temp is kept at 74/75 I have no heater as far as bio load only a pair of clowns . So yes I have my temp and water in check. Main reason I bought them was because they are ora and don't have barely any fish. Only thing they struggled with was with the flow but now they have it figured out and are doing fine. They cling on my acros and dead coral skeleton I've bought them , also have some macro and adding some plastic chain links today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new