My reef test results after a spin test

W28LF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Riverside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted a critic or some suggestions to get my water a little better. The LFS where it was tested said everything was good. So im looking for thoughts and advice. I posted a picture of the results.

20201122_173059.jpg
 
high nitrates. I find it odd your Mag is below than normal sea water while maintaining a high Cal, everytime I have dipped below 1350 Mag, Cal and Alk would drop as these two are regulated by Mag
strange
 
Alk 158 / about 9 dKH is Fine
pH 8 is fine
phosphate is about 10 times higher than I would keep it. How are they testing for that?
Ca is a bit high, but won't hurt anything
Mg is a little low, but fine.
NH3 & NO2 is zero, so fine
Nitrate is high

New tank, I'm guessing? How are they testing for these parameters?
 
Yea it's still kinda new, 2 months and 2weeks exactly, 50 gal. Mostly softies, one hammer and a ultra BTA. I have cheto and dragons breath in the display. Cuc, tang, foxface, two clowns, emerald crab, a diamond gobby and a sixline wrasse.
 
Seachem 110 filter, aquamaxx hob skimmer 1.5, jebo 90 cross flow and nicrew marine plus lights
 

Attachments

  • 20201109_204216.jpg
    20201109_204216.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 99

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new