My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you disinfect a house with a reed tank?
That is a good question. I live alone so no worries of spreading to other family members. Luckily the virus does not live very long on surfaces, so for me it was not a massive concern, just regular cleaning and wiping surfaces with standard cleaning agents or alcohol.
Definitely apply any disinfectants to rags and wipe instead of spraying onto surfaces. Should decrease risk of overspray near the tank.
A good piece of advice, I think.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
air it out ,wipe all surfaces ,jmo .. :(

Definitely apply any disinfectants to rags and wipe instead of spraying onto surfaces. Should decrease risk of overspray near the tank.
Rescue wipes! Work really fast, pet safe in general (dogs, cats, etc), but wear gloves because they'll eat up your hands. Pretty popular with vets offices. Even kills parvovirus.

Great advice, should have checked back here before I started my “cleaning frenzy”Went into “disinfectant” mode as soon as she told me. Grabbed my can of Lysol and hit the furniture in the family room. The first thing I saw when I turned was the tank in the front living room...Ugh..open all doors and windows. :p

Rescue wipes will be here tomorrow

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daughter moved upstairs..surfaces wiped down..sheets, blankets & throws washed. She has an appt for a COVID test tomorrow morning and results should be back in the afternoon.

Thanks everyone! I’ll let everyone know when we get the results back.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her test came back negative!! This is really a miracle, because his mom test positive. Keeping her upstairs a few more days..just to make sure....sooo thankful!

Every surface in the house has been disinfected, especially her room...just an early spring cleaning

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her test came back negative!! This is really a miracle, because his mom test positive. Keeping her upstairs a few more days..just to make sure....sooo thankful!

Every surface in the house has been disinfected, especially her room...just an early spring cleaning
great news.
my hunting partners wife and son both had bad cases.
he never got it.
he attributes it to being O point of sale and neither of them are.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you disinfect a house with a reed tank?
If you need to use any sprays cover the reef tank with plastic or saran wrap. I would throw towel over tank and sump. Turn off skimmer.

I do this all the time when treating a house for fleas with aerosol treatments. Never lost or killed a tank. Even treated my house for fleas no issue. At the time it was only fw tank.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to use any sprays cover the reef tank with plastic or saran wrap. I would throw towel over tank and sump. Turn off skimmer.

I do this all the time when treating a house for fleas with aerosol treatments. Never lost or killed a tank. Even treated my house for fleas no issue. At the time it was only fw tank.
I did put a towel over the tank. I used disinfectant wipes or sprayed directly to the cloth. Washed all sheets, blankets & towels too. Even did the floors :p

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, when I was exposed (on a Sunday) I went and had a test done a few days later (Tues) and it came back negative. My employer required me to get a second one before returning to work so I had a second one that Friday and it came back positive. A second test may not be a bad idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back