My Sea Hare

JanetB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I posted some time ago to introduce myself that I have a 30g reef tank opened since 7 months ago. It has been a roller coster but thanks to these forums I have read many discussions that helped me with some issues and understanding. My tank started to show hair algae since few months ago and I decided to buy last week one tuxedo urchin and one sea hare. Now, I am afraid that my tank will not have enough algae for these invertebrades. What should I do to feed them ?
PS: I read that sea hare are for advance aquarists. I’m not one of them
Please your advice is appreciated

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,
I posted some time ago to introduce myself that I have a 30g reef tank opened since 7 months ago. It has been a roller coster but thanks to these forums I have read many discussions that helped me with some issues and understanding. My tank started to show hair algae since few months ago and I decided to buy last week one tuxedo urchin and one sea hare. Now, I am afraid that my tank will not have enough algae for these invertebrades. What should I do to feed them ?
PS: I read that sea hare are for advance aquarists. I’m not one of them
Please your advice is appreciated
Plan to sell or trade in the sea hare. They are very difficult to supplement once hair algae is gone. For urchin, you can use algae tabs and seaweed as a supplement

OP
OP
JanetB

JanetB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply, in this case who is interested in getting a sea hare ? Mine is available. I live in Montreal

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! LFS = local fish store. They may not necessarily take a return, but they often take trade ins for store credit on certain things.

OP
OP
JanetB

JanetB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read in other threads that giving Nori to the sea hare should work using a clip. My question is: can I use the same nori that is bought to make sushi ? Or is a nori that I can find in a LFS ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back