My shopping list!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 412Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

412Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My newly established 90 gallon tank has been going great. I have built a shopping list for the next year or so as I’m going to add fish slowly. Here is what I have. Does anybody see any major concerns? I’m after reef safe fish with maximum personality.

* 2 × Clownfish — already in tank
* 1 × Midas Blenny
* 1 × Yellow Watchman Goby
* 1 × Tomini Tang
* 1 × Fairy or Flasher Wrasse
* 1 × Royal Gramma
* 1 x Long Nose Hawkfish
 
Some of these fish may eat snails & shrimp that people use in their Clean Up Crew (Cuc), the wrasse and the hawk fish are hearty predators.

Yellow watchman stirs up the gravel and can bury corals in the process.

Clownfish can be territorial and attack new additions and you when you reach in the tank. They also have opinions about what corals are ok to add. They sometimes relocate frags after you place them, mine loved to dump them behind the rock work where I struggled to retrieve them.

Otherwise, this looks like a good list for a reef tank.
 
Some of these fish may eat snails & shrimp that people use in their Clean Up Crew (Cuc), the wrasse and the hawk fish are hearty predators.

Yellow watchman stirs up the gravel and can bury corals in the process.

Clownfish can be territorial and attack new additions and you when you reach in the tank. They also have opinions about what corals are ok to add. They sometimes relocate frags after you place them, mine loved to dump them behind the rock work where I struggled to retrieve them.

Otherwise, this looks like a good list for a reef tank.
How about this?

1. Diamond Watchman Goby
2. Midas Blenny
3. Neon Goby
4. Royal Gramma
5. Flasher/Fairy Wrasse
6. Tomini Tang — LAST fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new