My shrimp died

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I came down tonight and I look at the tank and see my cleaner shrimp has died and is covered by my nasarus snails. He was perfectly fine 1 hour before this. Any idea how he could have died I have had him for 6 months I know they don’t live long but I thought at least 1 year.
Parameters
Salinity 1.025
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20
temp 78
Alk 9
Calcium 430
Mag 1350

79A6E807-E2E5-40FC-A203-CDB5D73EF3EE.jpeg

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every shrimp dies... not every shrimp truly lives. Nothing stands out with your parameters, so it could just be it was his time.
i second this, when you get the shrimp or most anything in this hobby usually you don’t know how old it truly is when you have it
the cleaner i have right now was tiny when i got it and has been with me two years now so i know the end will probably be near

OP
OP
B

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i second this, when you get the shrimp or most anything in this hobby usually you don’t know how old it truly is when you have it
the cleaner i have right now was tiny when i got it and has been with me two years now so i know the end will probably be near
Yea when I got this cleaner it was on the bigger end so I assume it was older so prolly just was it’s time

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back