My tang is a bit goofy :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhitee93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rhitee93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2023
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
2,622
Location
West Central Indiana, USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved my first fish for a new 120g system out of quarantine and into the DT over the weekend. One of these fish is a little Tomini tang that is maybe 3" snout to tail. It wasn't in the tank for 30 minutes before it discovered a 30" long pipe I buried in the substrate in anticipation of having a snowflake eel in the future.

I'll see it hanging around a cave of rocks I built around one end, and a couple seconds later it pops out of a similar cave at the other end. If you didn't know the tunnel was there, it would look like the fish is teleporting across the tank.

I've been trying to catch it on video all day but the fish is pretty shy yet. However, I think I hear it saying "Whee!" as it zipps from one end of the tube to the other.
 
Ha! We're gonna need a bigger boat!

The tang won't be able to get into that pipe by the time I get the eel.
I'm glad you got the Jaws reference! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I've seen tangs squeeze themselves into the darndest places when motivated!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new