My tank and maybe some help

TheBouncer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have never really posted my tank as I am still learning and cleaning this one up but I acquired this tank back in March and think it's come a long way. Still need to know a good lighting set up for it. 55 gallon tank. Haven't taken an updated photo yet but here a before and after

received_502749484888687.jpeg 20220525_171209.jpg

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have never really posted my tank as I am still learning and cleaning this one up but I acquired this tank back in March and think it's come a long way. Still need to know a good lighting set up for it. 55 gallon tank. Haven't taken an updated photo yet but here a before and after

received_502749484888687.jpeg 20220525_171209.jpg
That's some amazing progress, especially given a couple months.

For the lights you're going to want something that can vary height so you can dial things in. This means getting the height off the water right usually in the ballpark of 8-15 inches. Many light options with adjustable brackets that attach to the rim of the tank.

I run Kessil lights in my tank and they really are good. Lighting is no longer a variable. For a 55 a pair of A360x's which is basically a single light version of what I run. They are at the high end of spend but they're great light, management, longevity and lower power consumption with the LED chip they use.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you want to keep. A do it all light is easy, and depending on your desired “white light” intensity you could do T5s or led bars. Lighting is a budget question, lots of great lights out there.

OP
OP
T

TheBouncer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see coral not dead in there - what are you using now why don’t you want it? What do you want to gain?
I would like something that is more adjustable lighting rather then on off type of deal. Looking for something that will brighten the colors of my corals

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back