OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that's the one from MARS, still on head. I think it's something else. I found a picture of something else, forgot the name, but said it was an extremely slow grower.

Thinking about remaking the rack when I move stuff over to the main tank. Thinking tiers on both sides of different heights. Won't get too worried until I get the light I want for the tank. Looking for one of the 4' 250 halide w/ antinics and moons, just like the display.

BTW my old tank is officially for sale. 125g w/ stand, 2 400w halides, 2 96w antinics, 40ish sump, reeflo dart, and matching hood - if anyone knows anyone interested in getting into the hobby it's almost a complete setup. I'll make a good deal on it

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have a 4' 175w fixture for sale with 96w actinics but no moonlights. Not sure if that will be enough for you though.

Also do you feed the one head whatever it is coral??? LOL...

Eric

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to keep the halides the same as the display. That way I can move the pieces in the frag tank around and see how they react to different light. And of course it would be as close to the same as possible to each other. But thanks anyway.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name just popped into my head. I think its what they call a firecracker coral. For some reason I am almost positive thats what that is. I think I remember you falling in love with it at the swap!!!

Eric

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better pic of it and a couple more:

100_1771.JPG

100_1773.JPG

100_1772.JPG

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is what I found and thought it may be a small one of, not sure tho

Rhizotrochus typus

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my stand covering!!!! I had been looking for a creative way to cover the stand, I wanted to use a river rock type covering but it was too heavy for the top. Well I found a foam fake covering. Sweeet.

Check it out:

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know about a rhizo??? im thinking its more along the lines of an australian balanophyllia..here is some links for you to look at...

Australian balanophyllia

Balanophyllia (per polyp) / Balanophyllia sp. / Wild Corals Hard - Quality Marine

and here is a video from you tube

YouTube - Australian Balanophyllia

the one i have looks just like the second link....mine comes out only at night and the tenticals are translucent white...i have had mine for over a year now with no real growth

that chalice looks like the one i got from reeferal...mine cupped up around the edges big time

Untitled-25.jpg

Here's a better pic of it and a couple more:

100_1771.JPG

100_1773.JPG

100_1772.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like it too. I don't know. Little bugger is growing slow and not even looking like it is gonna split tho.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is that pic finally... :)

sorry so dark but it only comes out at night..i have had this for 9 months now i think

cool.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back