My tank having bacteria and how to tell

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Kschweer I was also told that by my LFS so I did move the powerheads and I got my spray bars positioned to make movement on the top of the tank and I was told to get a Diamond goby but you say snails will work better ? @ Frisk I have sponge and ceramic media in my AQ110 and in one of my canisters I have floss and Bio-balls and the same in the other one.

For water movement you really want enough to break the surface of the water, be able to move to the complete other side of the aquarium, and to go across the sand bed all at the same time. With out that you can get dead spots, which will collect debris, and not go into your filtration.

I was just saying if I were to do it I would use the ceramic media and bioballs in the canister and the foam and floss in the AC 110. Keep the floss on top so you can see exactly when it needs to be tossed and replaced. The stuff that gets caught in that should be removed frequently. The bio media can go longer with out being checked.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is going to have there own opinions on what to do. A diamond goby would be a nice addition. You can do both if you want. The nassarius snails are a great addition to your clean up crew as they will keep the sand bed stirred up and clean. As far as powerhead placement goes I would have one moving water over my sand bed.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back