My tank is overstocked is it?

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clownfish, and a fire shrimp all in a 15 gal. My LFS said I could put the yellow clown goby, the green clown goby, and the tiger watchman goby all in the same tank with the clownfish and the shrimp. Is it ok to do this? I am going to pick them up on Friday so any suggestions or tips before then is needed.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's probably fine - those are all super small fishies. Highly recommend a pistol shrimp to go with that watchman!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have 2 clownfish, and a fire shrimp all in a 15 gal. My LFS said I could put the yellow clown goby, the green clown goby, and the tiger watchman goby all in the same tank with the clownfish and the shrimp. Is it ok to do this? I am going to pick them up on Friday so any suggestions or tips before then is needed.
I dont see an issue. Obviously with added specimens, your bioload increases, so focus on water quality

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's probably fine - those are all super small fishies. Highly recommend a pistol shrimp to go with that watchman!
Thank you! I will look more into the shrimp, but for the time being, I will continue with the gobies. My female clownfish is quite aggressive, so we have a breeder box. However, I believe that she won't attack the gobies since there are three of them and it would be difficult for her to focus on attacking all three of them at the same time

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see an issue. Obviously with added specimens, your bioload increases, so focus on water quality
How can I maintain the quality of my aquarium water? I tested the water not too long ago, and it was ammonia-free. My LFS gave me some filter media to help with water quality. Should I avoid putting my hands in the tank? I hand-feed my fish with mysis and sometimes move the rocks around.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How can I maintain the quality of my aquarium water? I tested the water not too long ago, and it was ammonia-free. My LFS gave me some filter media to help with water quality. Should I avoid putting my hands in the tank? I hand-feed my fish with mysis and sometimes move the rocks around.
Maintaining water quality is avoiding overfeeding, doing regular water changes as needed and removing uneaten food if any

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back