My Tank Updates and Progress

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January 16th, 2023: I haven’t really been posting in this thread as I’m more focused on my current lobster tank. But here is the first full tank shot of 2023!:) Nothing major to report but I did get some new corals and a fleece roller for Christmas…which I’m loving!
5491C890-FE2A-4315-9E96-F59334C08866.jpeg
Very nice Ayden!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is the starfish doing ? It looks cool!
Sadly the starfish passed away a bit ago but lived for around a year and a half. Which to me is a success. The general consensus is this species only lives to around 3-5 years in the wild so not very long.

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the starfish passed away a bit ago but lived for around a year and a half. Which to me is a success. The general consensus is this species only lives to around 3-5 years in the wild so not very long.
Cool ! Maybe it was already a bit old, so I guess it was a success ! I saw you had some sponges how are they doing ?

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool ! Maybe it was already a bit old, so I guess it was a success ! I saw you had some sponges how are they doing ?
That tank doesn’t exist anymore so neither do the sponges. Last March when I was away the caulerpa went sexual and crashed the tank. I do however have some various colored hitchhiking sponges but I can confirm sponges especially the orange tree and blue sponges that you buy at the fish store are basically impossible to keep longterm we simply can’t meet their specific. Some people may get lucky though.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i have the opportunity to get a Goniaster Tessellatus sea star, I'm quite familiar with oddball inverts that have special care requirements but i was wondering if you were doing anything specific for your sea star, e.g., feeding, water temp, type of rockwork, trace elements etc. thanks :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back