My Tank

Feint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 35 Gallon reed tank has been up for about 18months. I just like seeing the fish swimming around the corals, but i’m not big into the names of the various species (yet). Took a while to get it stable, and it didnt help when i bought seawater from a local store that tanked my PH (way too acid). It cost me my beautiful branching green star polyps and myone or two other corals.. now i mix and test everything myself. Ph 8.3 salinity 1.022 alk 10.2.
It has hermit crabs multiple typea of snails, a shrimp, 2 clownfish, 2 “Ukranian” fish as my kids like to call them. There are also 2 mithrax crabs (nocturnal)
Biggest challenge i’ve had is that the hermit crabs systematically kill and eat any medium to large snails i add to the tank…

image.jpg

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome the r2r! Tanks looking good and wish I knew more on shipping stuff because I've got so much branching gsp. I'm not sure I've herd about mithrax crabs before. Sounds like they're kinda a holes. Personally I'd try and get them out and add a good amount of hermits and maybe replace those mithrax with emerald crabs. They're awesome workaholics and get along with other clean up crew. Especially since you've got some green growing on your rocks.

Looks good tho and again welcome!
20231010_163111.jpg
never mind the red plenaria worms haha

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 35 Gallon reed tank has been up for about 18months. I just like seeing the fish swimming around the corals, but i’m not big into the names of the various species (yet). Took a while to get it stable, and it didnt help when i bought seawater from a local store that tanked my PH (way too acid). It cost me my beautiful branching green star polyps and myone or two other corals.. now i mix and test everything myself. Ph 8.3 salinity 1.022 alk 10.2.
It has hermit crabs multiple typea of snails, a shrimp, 2 clownfish, 2 “Ukranian” fish as my kids like to call them. There are also 2 mithrax crabs (nocturnal)
Biggest challenge i’ve had is that the hermit crabs systematically kill and eat any medium to large snails i add to the tank…

image.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! You have a great looking tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back