My Ultra Teeny Tiny Pico tank! (check out my stocking plans)

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was totally going to ask how you are going to figure out male and female pods lol. Really neat little thing. Following...I might need one of these on my kitchen counter.
Get one! There’s a guy on YouTube that has done a bunch of modifications to one of these (freshwater) like ato, sight glass, light brightness mod, suspended light, and probably more.

Also there are 3D parts available to print on thingiverse. I’ve just gotta get someone to print them for me.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just finished drilling the sump for a water level indicator mod. Now I can tell how much water needs added without removing the tank from the sump. I’ll also better be able to measure the rate of evaporation. Gotta run get some silicon to seal it up tight.
2308F8C6-CE0F-4148-B84C-56D52DABF3A2.jpeg

Next we will get some sand and rock into place. I think I found the perfect piece of rock for the scape! Throwing it into my reef to seed it. I go on vacation the end of June so maybe when I get back it’ll be “alive” enough to get started.
5CECA78F-8F66-4939-8BEC-6833E0CF5C8A.jpeg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going? On vacation still?
Got back home last night. The rock has started getting some color to it but still has a ways to go to get the mature rock look.
I picked up a couple ricordia mushrooms and some Zoanthids for it and the ricordia quickly melted. Zoanthids are doing good.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, finally got my fish room rearranged enough to fit my work desk in it. And with that a flat surface for setting up the little tank!
The other tank on the desk is my coral/invert QT (5 gallon). Tank to the right is a standard 20 gallon (mantis shrimp tank).

EEF441F0-0296-4C20-9F10-02654ED141FF.jpeg

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the middle (start? I don't know time anymore) of cycling my own Mini. I cut a big ole window in the sump, so I can see what's going on. And possibly have some chaeto or something down there someday. I did other mods too. Unfortunately I checked the prices and they're even cheaper now. Oh dear.
OWx2Poe.jpeg

Should we race to see who has the fastest/best growth? haha

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back