My Waterbox Reef 100.3 - Started Feb. 2020

Ben FL

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
48
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

This is my first post here, I'll try to introduce my current set up.

It's a Waterbox Reef 100.3, start at the end of Feb. 2020.

Hardware :
- Nyos 160
- Pair of Gyre 330
- Coralcare Gen 2 (since 2 weeks, before I had 2x 130w Ethereal)
- Jump DC8K
- 16kg of living rocks
- About 13kg of CaribSea rocks
- Blau single sensor ATO
- Aquamedic EVO4 - Fauna marin balling light with oligo
- ICP each 3 months

For RO, I produce at home with a 50GPD (without booster pump), with 2 differents resins at the end (0 ppm - all at 0 ICP).

An APEX is also coming next week.

For now not many corals but I prefer introduce slowly to prevent corals burn with my in-experience with this new Led ;)

Fish :
- 1 Ctenochaetus Strigosus
- 1 Gramma Loreto
- 2 Clown fish

Invertebrate :
- 1 Archaster
- 1 Ophiure Superba
- 1 Metalia Sternalis
- 2 Wudermanni
- 1 Debelius
- 15 Nasarius
- 3 Turbo
- Some astrea, euplicas etc...

Corals for now :
- 3 acanthastrea
- 1 caulastrea
- 1 blastomussa
- 2 Duncano
- 1 Euphylia
- 1 Australian Sarcophyton
- 1 Montipora digitata
- 1 seriatopora
- 1pink montipora
- 3 accros (acclimating in progress)
- 1 seriatopora calendrium (acclimating in progress)

Some Cyanos for now, they are disapearing I'm confident they will totally disapears in 1 or 2 weeks.

Below somes pics.
I hope my English is comprehensible :D

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg Photo Aout.jpg DSC02484.JPG
 
beautiful tank,awesome corals :cool:
 
Hi,

This is my first post here, I'll try to introduce my current set up.

It's a Waterbox Reef 100.3, start at the end of Feb. 2020.

Hardware :
- Nyos 160
- Pair of Gyre 330
- Coralcare Gen 2 (since 2 weeks, before I had 2x 130w Ethereal)
- Jump DC8K
- 16kg of living rocks
- About 13kg of CaribSea rocks
- Blau single sensor ATO
- Aquamedic EVO4 - Fauna marin balling light with oligo
- ICP each 3 months

For RO, I produce at home with a 50GPD (without booster pump), with 2 differents resins at the end (0 ppm - all at 0 ICP).

An APEX is also coming next week.

For now not many corals but I prefer introduce slowly to prevent corals burn with my in-experience with this new Led ;)

Fish :
- 1 Ctenochaetus Strigosus
- 1 Gramma Loreto
- 2 Clown fish

Invertebrate :
- 1 Archaster
- 1 Ophiure Superba
- 1 Metalia Sternalis
- 2 Wudermanni
- 1 Debelius
- 15 Nasarius
- 3 Turbo
- Some astrea, euplicas etc...

Corals for now :
- 3 acanthastrea
- 1 caulastrea
- 1 blastomussa
- 2 Duncano
- 1 Euphylia
- 1 Australian Sarcophyton
- 1 Montipora digitata
- 1 seriatopora
- 1pink montipora
- 3 accros (acclimating in progress)
- 1 seriatopora calendrium (acclimating in progress)

Some Cyanos for now, they are disapearing I'm confident they will totally disapears in 1 or 2 weeks.

Below somes pics.
I hope my English is comprehensible :D

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg Photo Aout.jpg DSC02484.JPG

The white Philips CoralCare fixture looks sweet! How do you like it so far?
 
Previously I had 2x Ethereal 130W, and corals was not great.

After just somes days running under Coralcare, corals was better than ever before.
Plus, the coralcare is easier to use (the spectrum is already in the ramp).

Edit : no noise at all from coralcare (without cooling fan)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new