My Way

  • Thread starter Thread starter Windy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
does the sponge not capture any larva?
 
No the sponge filter does not capture any larva. First the bubbler at the bottom keeps a upwards flow in front of the sponge. Think about the water movement through the sponge. The area of the sponge must allow the drip fed water to seep into the overflow. The flow is so small it might as well be zero. It is much slower than dripping in a water change in a normal larval tank.
 
alright
 
Very clever idea!
 
What size air ring did you use?
I bought one at Petco and it was 7-8" in diameter. I cut it down to just fit around my standpipe flange, about 2 inches. They come with a tee so you can easily adjust them in length. Also I plumbed an air line through the bottom of the tub and that holds it in place.
 
I bought one at Petco and it was 7-8" in diameter. I cut it down to just fit around my standpipe flange, about 2 inches. They come with a tee so you can easily adjust them in length. Also I plumbed an air line through the bottom of the tub and that holds it in place.
So in effect the bubbles create a curtain and keep fry away for the overflow/sponge?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new