My Wife is in the hospital

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife just had surgery for two cysts on her back. She was in a lot of pain and the five hour surgery went well. Now she has two titanium ground rods in her lower spine. It could have been worse, she doesn't have Pop Eye or anything.
Today I visited her in the hospital. She is in a large hospital here in New york with a very good reputation. She is in a private room with another woman. An Asian lady whom my wife introduced me to. I asked what part of China she was from and she said she is Mandarin. I figured that because she is very attractive, has a very small mouth and had on a very colorful robe. All she ate was these tiny shrimp, and she only ate one about every 15 seconds all day as long as the lights were on. Her husband secretely told me she is very high maintenance.
My wife is doing fine as long as they keep giving her morphine. An aid came in and poured her a pitcher of RO/DI water which I immediately tested with my Salfert kit and electronic TDS meter. I complained that it was a little cold and she likes it between about 78 and 82 degrees. If it is to cold, and she doesn't have time to become accustomed to it, my wife will just lay on the floor and possably get psorisis. On her legs thay have these plastic bladders that look like little kids swimmies. They inflate and deflate every few seconds and are powered by two "Coralife Super Luft Pumps"
I was there early in the morning and they were gut loading her breakfast which consisted of eggs and mashed potatoes with Selcon. I noticed that the mashed potatoes were made out of instant potato flakes so I told the nurse that she doesn't eat flake food so they better bring her a whole potato. Her IV drip doses her with milk with extra "calcium" and "Alk a Seltzer".
My wife is in one of those real nice, State of the Art hospital beds with the bars on the sides so she doesn't go carpet surfing. After a while the nurse came in again ( I think she does Supermodel work on the side) and she wanted to give my wife a two minute freshwater dip, so we both helped her to the shower and I made sure the temperature and pH was the same as the water in her pitcher. I also specified that she only use water that was treated with "Chemi Clean". As we brought her back to the room, a maintenance guy was just about to clean her window with "Mag Float". I told him it would be better if he used a razor blade. He did a pretty good job but the next day I could easily tell the spots where he missed with the razor as they started to turn red.
They keep this hospital room extreamly clean as it is a bare bottom room, no rugs or anything and the only decorations are plain white PVC structures. I think they also inject Ozone to purify the air. The air filter near the window was provided by "Those Filter Guys" and contains a large "Poly Filter". The floor is vacuumed daily by the CUC (clean up crew) but what I didn't understand was that the maintenance guy also used a turkey baster to blow dust out from behind the furnature.
Eventually another nurse came in and she was French, she was "extreamly" nice and I thought of her as an angel, a French Angel. She also brought the surgeons, "Drs. Fosters and Smith". They were very nice and let her pick her meds out of their catalog. She picked PraziPro, tetracyline, Metronidazole and flat worm exit. We paid a little extra for next day delivery because I love my wife and only want the best for her.
If all goes well, she will be coming home in two days. She is still in pain but that is to be expected and I am praying for a speedy recovery so I can get her out of quarantine.
I have a picture of her in the hospital bed and I was going to post it, but then I thought about it. I thought that pretty soon she is going to be in better shape than me so I re thought posting that picture. After she gets home I will gingerly ask her if I could post that picture. It is safer like that. For me :help:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really are too much Paul, hope she is doing well and will recover soon enough to maybe read some of your posts. As they say "Laughter is the Best Medicine" Take care my friend.

Cheers, Todd

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:crazy:

:tongue: Hope she feels better, I have a bunch of words to describe Cysts but I can not say them here..

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our prayers are with your wife. You don't need any. Paul u r one off a kind

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you're killing me - literally. I broke three ribs this last weekend and reading that story was very painful. I just found out if you can't laugh your nose runs. That was hilarious. I hope your wife recovers quickly.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I know you had to have married a supermodel, and I'm hoping and praying the scars from the surgery won't impact her stunning beauty.

Praying for a quick recovery!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha! Well that's a unique way to lighten up the situation :D Does she know you're likening her illness with a fish? Lol. All levity a side, I hope she makes a speedy recovery!

Jackie

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She came home today not in to much pain but needs a walker as she can't stand yet. But that will soon come. So for now, I am cooking, cleaning, washing the clothes, making the bed, ironing, dusting, plucking my eyebrows, and soon I will be shaving my arm pits and getting emotional.

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have her checked for AEFW, apparently it is running rampant.

Glad she is home, prop her up in front of the tank.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She was in tremendous pain last night so I hope it gets better as the day progresses

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She seems to be much better now. It must have been my fantastic breakfast or my interesting conversation or just my male model looks.
biggrin.gif

The hospital just called and they are sending over a therapist to teach my wife how to do a few things and I guess show her some exercizes. She is on her way over but I specified if they could send a Supermodel therapist so i am excited to see who we get. I think Christie Brinkley is busy this week so it will be a surprise.
dunno.gif

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you did there. Hope your wife gets to feeling better soon!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you did there.

You do! Dam I thought I hit it pretty well. :spy:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back