My wife said we needed another tank. 32g biocube build.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have started this awhile ago, but work has been kicking my butt and I just haven't gotten around to it. Anyway here we go. My wife got tired of hearing we can't have that so she decided we needed another tank and I wasn't about to argue. So after much browsing I found a 32g LED biocube on fb marketplace. He didn't have the power supply for the lights so I picked it up for $150. Was in great shape and came with everything, stand, pump, skimmer,etc. All I had to do was throw on a heater and order a new power supply (10 bucks on Amazon later and we were in business. I already had some rock I had been seeding in my 10g utility tank and some in the back chamber of my 34g red sea. So my wife picked out a couple pieces of dry rock and I helped her epoxy together an aquascape with that and the seeded rock.

This is more or less my wife's tank. She is picking out all of the livestock for it and designed the aquascape, etc. I'm guiding her and making sure everything is compatible and isn't too special needs. Of course I do the maintenance and such lol. I am also excited to get corals in It so she can get all of her frags out of my tank and free up some room lol. Tank has been up for probably 6 weeks and ive had fish in it for a few weeks as well.I'm starting to see pods, featherdusters, worms etc staying to populate the tank so it's time to start running the lights regularly. I just added some tester frags so if all goes well I can finally get her frags out of my tank and free up some space lol.

Current livestock:
Smiths fanged blenny
Ambons damsel
Black Molly
Michaels pistol shrimp
GSP
Zoas

Waiting in QT:
Sunrise dottyback
Hi fin red banded goby
20230629_140241.jpg
20230629_140247.jpg

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a 32g biocube myself off FB marketplace. How’s yours going now?

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Sorry, I know I've been super lax with updates on the tank, work has really been kicking my butt lately. The tank finally started showing a little coraline so I've started adding frags and have been trying to get thr water chemistry dialed in. We're also going on a 2 week trip in a few weeks, so trying to get the tanks ready for that as well. The bad news is we added a Sunrise dottyback that just disappeared after doing well for over a week in the tank. But overall I'm pleased with the progress. Cleanup crew is stocked, lights are on and frags are in. I'll try and get some pics once I get a chance.

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've made alot of progress with the tank, but I totally dropped the ball with updates and the tanks got away from me a little over the holiday season with an injury and work, etc. My wife is definitely comming into her own as a reefer. This is her tank, she makes all of the stocking, aquascape and etc decisions. I do the maintenance and provide guidance but it's ultimately up to her. We definitely have different tastes lol. She prefers soft corals and some lps like euphyllia and aleveopora with some oddball fish, I prefer sps and some lps like favia with flashier bread and butter fish.

Current stock list:
Fish:
2 black mollies
Yasha goby
Chalk basslet
Coral croucher gumdrop goby
Striped blenny (in quarantine)
Neon goby

Inverts:
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Candycane pistol shrimp
Fighting conch
Emerald crab
Assorted snails and hermits

20240131_231236.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back