Is this gap okay?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this years ago in freshwater. I'm a slow learner and it took two tanks cracking the bottom before I replaced the stand. IMO the stand can be out of level a little but the top has to be flat or bad things can happen.
A lot depends on the style of tank construction as well as the difference between spanning gaps and the four corners not being planer (torsional stress is very bad),

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot depends on the style of tank construction as well as the difference between spanning gaps and the four corners not being planer (torsional stress is very bad),
Mine that broke were cheap 55 gallon tank so I may not have had issues with better quality tanks. It was a good learning experience.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine that broke were cheap 55 gallon tank so I may not have had issues with better quality tanks. It was a good learning experience.
I'd say it's quality haha. Inovative marine tank
Okay. I'm going to 100% fix it for sure. Before I set the tank up I tested fir torsional stress. Never thought to check if the tank was flush with the stand in the middle. Thank you for the reassurance. I'll be addressing this in the next 3 days. The tank has been up for 2 months so far so ideally 3 days is enough haha

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back