My Xenia do not pulse

luism15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
downey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in this xenia 2 weeks ago and since then I haven't seen it pulse, looks like something red is growing on the side, not sure if it’s part of it

I changed the position since it was reciving a lot of flow, now it only receives low flow but it still doesn't look good.

at the moment of the picture there was no flow.

What can i do make it look better? Will feed it help?

should i remove the red thing ?

IMG_4965.jpeg
 
Xenia is pretty sensitive to alkalinity and pH values.
The red item looks like a possible vermetid that needs to be removes with tweezers or needle nose pliers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new