My Zoanthid sp. collection

_Z8A1244.jpg
 
Tell us how you are taking these pics and what lens and camera you are using ;)

Awesome pictures
 
Tell us how you are taking these pics and what lens and camera you are using ;)

Awesome pictures

Thanks for the Kudos. I mostly use Canon 5D Mark III with a 100mm Canon macro lens. You don't need a professional camera to capture nice images though. Canons entry level Rebel SLR with a good macro lens will do just as well, but that's only the beginning! Watch lots of photography tutorials for the rest of the tools you need to produce great images.
 
I guess the ones above are very rare! Wish I still had them. Does anyone know if these guys have a name?​

_Z8A1154-3.jpg

Here is a better shot of Utter Chaos.​

_Z8A1139-2.jpg
Might I ask what camara are you using and lens? What are your settings? Are you using a filter etc. those are the best pic. I have ever seen. Nice black backgrounds, zoomed in and let background images blur. Etc. nice job!
 
Might I ask what camara are you using and lens? What are your settings? Are you using a filter etc. those are the best pic. I have ever seen. Nice black backgrounds, zoomed in and let background images blur. Etc. nice job!


Look at the post just above yours and you'll find the answer to your first question.
 
Amazing photos!!

How close to the glass is your subject, (thats a photog term right :cool:)? Or are you shooting from wherever in the tank they're placed or moving them for the shot?
 
Amazing photos!!

How close to the glass is your subject, (thats a photog term right :cool:)? Or are you shooting from wherever in the tank they're placed or moving them for the shot?

Thanks and yes to both parts of your second question. Sometimes I take the time to move corals and things into the background.
 
Killer photos!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new