MyGHL.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't get my laptop to connect to the myghl.com/GHL Connect.

It will not let me add the device. I've updated firmware to the 1.30. I just cannot connect on my laptop. I get to the part where it says enter the myGHL ID and it it says the device couldn't be added that the connection isn't established. I've connected via WIFI, and USB directly to doser. I'm trying to get the security key. Hasn't given me one yet.

Vinny, are you in here? You helped me 2-3 years ago. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny...I have team-viewer downloaded if you can come in and take a look in the am. I'll be here all morning. Probably be the easiest way.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
@Matthias Gross
@Marco@GHLUSA

Neep help just to get into the Myghl.com

I’ve already got the app on my iPhone and was able to connect and setup my dosing schedules.

I was able to create a GCC account and update the firmware.

Cannot get the doser to connect on my GHL. It will not add the doser. I’ve tried to connect it with a USB, and still nothing. I’m sure it’s a simple fix, but it will not let me add even after I input the my GHL ID. I’m trying to get the security key.

The COM port is 5.

When I try to dose....I have to literally go to my WiFi and connect the doser. Then it will work. Otherwise it will not connect. Why do I need to switch back and forth? This wasn’t the case before.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Is your doser on your home WiFi, or broadcasting its own SSID/WiFi network (GHL-Doser) ?

It needs to be on your home WiFi network, and have a valid IP address, in order to reach out to the internet, to reach MyGHL Cloud Services.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it’s says GHL-DOSER2

How can I get it on my home WiFi?

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG this is literally driving me nuts. I followed the video exactly. Everything done 100% exactly like the video. Thought I was good to go, pinged the doser and 4 packages sent and 4 LOST!

So I changed the doser IP from 150 to 140. Then pinged the doser again and same thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser cannot find one of my WiFi networks.

I have a jaredh-2.4 for range and jaredh-5 for speed. It will only find the 2.4 and sometimes it can’t find either and that’s when I’m watching my laptop find both and I’m sitting in front of the doser. So it’s not a long distance.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The device is 2.4GHz only. Will not see the 5ghz network. Working as expected.
You need to select the 2.4ghz network, enter passcode(case sensitive, whitespace sensitive) - and personally I'd leave it on DHCP.
With MyGHL really not much use for Static anymore, in 90% of cases.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ve gotta go grocery shopping. I’ll be back this evening. If anybody has a suggestion I’m all ears. I need to get this doser online as I know how awesome they are because this is my second unit. I’ll be very happy to get control of all platforms so that I can m dose from work if needed.
The device is 2.4GHz only. Will not see the 5ghz network. Working as expected.
You need to select the 2.4ghz network, enter passcode(case sensitive, whitespace sensitive) - and personally I'd leave it on DHCP.
With MyGHL really not much use for Static anymore, in 90% of cases.

I picked 2.4 because that was the only thing I could pick.

The Subnet mask and Default gateway matched. The Encryption, Type, and WiFi key were entered. Did the setup wizard.

CMD - ipconfig

Pinged

Nothing

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy...it just now finally worked. I didn’t do anything different. The only thing I did was save and then exited the whole program and logged back into GCC. Then I saw the Logo turn white. Then it worked.

I tried to enter the key at my GHL and that didn’t work. I closed out GCC and went back in and I noticed the key had changed. Then it worked.

Thx guys!

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you make WiFi settings changes, you have to SAVE and Disconnect from the device to signal that it should reload the network configs.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you make WiFi settings changes, you have to SAVE and Disconnect from the device to signal that it should reload the network configs.
Ok, yeah I finally figured it out. I thought just saving was enough. I don’t think that is mentioned in the video. I’ll double check when I get home. Maybe I missed that part. :(

Either way, thx for your help. Appreciate it, and I’ll always be a GHL lover. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back